Model Rocketry and Democratizing Space

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yukon@K-9 Rocket Tech

Student, Drone and Rockets, Aspiring Engineer
Reaction score
I'm a student, and I feel like I'm born in a new era where space is becoming more and more accessible to everyone. I am quite thankful I'm born in this era and I want to take part. I feel like many amazing people such as Joe Barnard has inspired people like me and shown the world that we can take part in this by starting at the model scale. Replication of the concepts used on orbital vehicles allows everyone to learn and innovate at a smaller scale more achievable for the majority of people. I personally am totally convinced utilization of this on model rocketry is a way any of us can join in and be a small part of this space era.

Some people agree and some don't. Tell me your thoughts below

Yep, sounds great. But Joe has style and talent that may be hard to emulate.

When I was student, I was envious of the guys in the MIT rocket Society. Many of them went on to do spectacular things like build the first human powered aircraft to fly across the English Channel, not to mention great careers. I was born a few years too late, and I could only afford a state school.

What is your career interest? I feel the most influential people in my life have been sci fi writers. How does Elon's city on Mars inspire you? Not sure how 'democratic' space is going to be. Study the sciences and try to get a ticket to Mars, or build the city, or a probe to land on Europa, or whatever. Discover warp drive... Or, become a writer.

Back