Lansing, Michigan Rocket Builder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easyeight

Reaction score
I like to build scale models. My interests are military models and those are Ships, 1950s era operational jets, and Space Craft rockets. I am part of the C.A.M.S IMPS model club located in Lansing, Michigan. We advocate all sorts of model building covering the gambit from cars, aircraft, trucks, dioramas, ships,

I got into his board while looking up information for a build of the GAR-1 (AIM-4). Also, I'm here because of a wish to build a 1/48 scale Saturn IB. Other rockets I'm interested in building are the Esties 1/35 (?) Mercury Redstone and finding what is necessary - specifically the tube - needed to turn the old 1/48 Revell Gemini Spacecraft into a model of a 1960s era Gemini-Titan NASA rocket.

I have already found some great information from this board. Another builder converted the Estes Super Big Bertha kit to an AIM-4B (GAR-2A). The GAR-1 may be an easier build that the GAR-2A but I don't have the slightest idea on how to make the necessary decals.

That's why I'm here... :)

I like to build scale models. My interests are military models and those are Ships, 1950s era operational jets, and Space Craft rockets. I am part of the C.A.M.S IMPS model club located in Lansing, Michigan. We advocate all sorts of model building covering the gambit from cars, aircraft, trucks, dioramas, ships,

I got into his board while looking up information for a build of the GAR-1 (AIM-4). Also, I'm here because of a wish to build a 1/48 scale Saturn IB. Other rockets I'm interested in building are the Esties 1/35 (?) Mercury Redstone and finding what is necessary - specifically the tube - needed to turn the old 1/48 Revell Gemini Spacecraft into a model of a 1960s era Gemini-Titan NASA rocket.

I have already found some great information from this board. Another builder converted the Estes Super Big Bertha kit to an AIM-4B (GAR-2A). The GAR-1 may be an easier build that the GAR-2A but I don't have the slightest idea on how to make the necessary decals.

That's why I'm here... :)
Welcome to the forum.
If you are interested in attending a launch, then check out the Michigan Team 1 website and the JMRC site.

I just did the registration at your group web site and will be in contact. However, I am neither a member of NAR or Tripoli.

I just did the registration at your group web site and will be in contact. However, I am neither a member of NAR or Tripoli.
I wasn’t a NAR or Tripoli member when I started flying with JMRC either. Nobody was bothered at all. Great group of guys to fly with, launches are a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Back