Missile Works introduces the RRC2+ / Dual-Event Altimeter for $45

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MWC

Reaction score
Had we not been deluged out here in Colorado, I would have been able to get this released back in September... That's water under the bridge at this point (no pun intended), so without further ado, I'm pleased that I can finally release the RRC2+ altimeter.

The RRC2+ is a barometric dual-deploy altimeter, with a feature set for beginners and experts alike. The unit is extremely small and very easy to install and operate. It's programmed using a very straightforward DIP switch configuration method. No User Manual or documentation is required on the field, as all the switch settings are printed right on the altimeter itself. The RRC2+ epitomizes the "buy it and fly it" altimeter, with a price point that your rocketry budget will appreciate as well, only $44.95 each.

Info and Specs:
https://www.missileworks.com/rrc2

User Manual:
https://www.missileworks.com/app/download/956770097/RRC2plus+User+Manual.pdf

Initial fulfillment shipments will begin on or before the week of October 21st.
We're still delaing with "shipping and receiving losgistics" up here as there's still no open and driveable highway during business hours.

Again, my thanks to everyone who checked in and sent warm wishes during our deluge debacle.
Your support is very much appreciated.

J

RRC2 Crop Shot.jpg

Yes Yes Yes! Great job Jim; this shall be a big seller!!!

-Eric-

I think you meant to say "water OVER the bridge", or perhaps even "water THROUGH the bridge".

Oh, and great little product there - THAT's the "replacement for the Adept22" that folks are looking for.

s6

Glad to see that your part of the world is on the road to recovery.

I am sure that this will be a big seller - "if you build it, they will come".

might have to put this on the list for my redundent altimeter.

I think it is important to note that although wiring is different, mounting on the RRC2+ matches the RRCmini to make it easier to "drop in" to an existing av-bay setup.

Awesome!!!! I put my last order in too soon! This will be a near-future purchase for me! Perfect redundant and small rocket choice.

Last edited:
Whut day is it? What DAY is IT?? It's ALTIMETER DAY!- YEAH yuhhh!!!
(finally- I can replace all those antique RRC2's...uh wait a minute...)

Last edited:
Guys I was privileged to help beta test this product. I was brought in late to look at mid-power and nose cone applications. I can tell you (and Jim Amos will testify to this) I tested my little unit to the "edge of destruction" but the RRC2+ did not even miss a beat. As has often been said about Missileworks products, "It just works!" Congrats to Jim on another great product!

I wish I knew about this sooner.... I would have added it to my last order.
My Adept 22 failed to deploy after it was "fixed" by Tommy of Adept.

JD

Great price. I am glad to see a low cost altimeter for EX flights.

Ahhhhh..... back to the DIP switch! Awesome.

"has built-in mach immunity" Simple and sweet. I love it.

You hit a home Run Jim!

I too was privileged to help beta test this product.
used as a backup on 3 bigger flight and found it worked like a champ and reported very close to whatever Alt it was with (PF Mawd, Strato and ALt45,RRC mini and RRC3)
going in my Saucer "Hexer" for a "K" something launch this weekend.
two thumbs up Jim:wink:

40k feet above mean sea level.
Where and when is mean sea level measured? Atlantic, Pacific, high tide, low tide, it's constantly changing.
So glad to see a MissleWorks altimeter for under $50. Love em!

Where and when is mean sea level measured? Atlantic, Pacific, high tide, low tide, it's constantly changing.
So glad to see a MissleWorks altimeter for under $50. Love em!

Mean. Average. It doesn't matter where, and it's averaged over time.

Not mean as in nasty.

Thanks to all of you that posted and that have purchased.
I'm working on additional products that will soon be ready for testing, including Bluetooth, GPS, and Telemetry.

Hey those look great! I've been looking for a affordable alt for those flights I think might shred. I've destroyed so many expensive alts that I need to lower my losses. At that price, I'd consider it somewhat expendable.

Nice to hear you are recovering from the flood.

omg this is exactly what i've been looking for! can't wait to retrofit my L1 rocket for dual deploy!

WTG Jim! I will be placing an order for a few of these soon!

No no no! I'm broke broke broke! If I pack a lunch to work every day for one month, I would save on average $120...which could just go to paying off my Hellfire vacation :(
-Ken

I had to order a couple to try out. They will go well in my future expansion into EX.

Back