Michael's no longer selling model rockets?!?!?!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While walking through the local Wal-Mart to find some glossy black paint to do my nose-cone for the Goblin that I'm building, I decided to stop and look at the Estes Rocket display in the toy department. I walked through each of the aisles three times, and never found it. Apparently it's now a thing of the past...
Yep, my local Wal-Mart is clearing their rocketry items out again. All they have left are starter kits and D12-0 boosters. The same store discontinued rockets a few years ago when I was getting back into the hobby (again), and when they brought them back last year, I never bought a single thing because they had forced me to get acquainted with AC Supply. Too bad for them.

Walmarts around here haven't had rocketry stuff in at least a year...
I remember about 10 years ago when Walmart had a great selection of Estes Launchables. There were all those cool X-Prize spaceships and other scale model rockets that had finally got my interest again. I just couldn't pass them up, so I grabbed a few. Good ol days!!

Walmart now just sells RTF rockets in those usual slanted boxes standing up on the bottom shelf and basic engines that I could get at HL with 40% coupons.

I was at the Michael's in Timonium, MD earlier this month, and they didn't have any rockets or engines. When I went back yesterday, they had some rockets and engines back on the shelves.

one of the stores near me had a small selection.

I snaged an Estes HoJO and a pack of B's for less than $8 at hobby Lobby the other day in the clearance aisle. I'll have to mark the motors though the package was pretty beat up.

Yep, my local Wal-Mart is clearing their rocketry items out again. All they have left are starter kits and D12-0 boosters. The same store discontinued rockets a few years ago when I was getting back into the hobby (again), and when they brought them back last year, I never bought a single thing because they had forced me to get acquainted with AC Supply. Too bad for them.

How much are they selling the boosters for? :) My local walmart cleared out their C5-6s at $2 per pack, I bought the last two...I'd LOVE that price on D12-0s because we also bought 3 of the booster units at $1 each (they fit the Flying Colors and Helios rockets we have!) :)

Back