Metra Launch - 12/3/2005

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I just realized I said John Sicker used the EX motor with a LOKI delay/ejection. My mistake... It was John Hooker.

We're one week away from our last of 2005 launch.... everyone getting ready?

:cool:

Definitely; I'm building Distant Thunder at the same time so it gets tence at times.

I was going to try motor ejection using a Loki delay at the last launch, but Jeff forgot to bring me the delays I asked for. Kinda sucked, but you can't with them all. I still have a few 38-660's set up for delays, but no elements to use with them.

Won't be there, I have a hockey tournament in Syracuse NY. I will be there in spirit though...stay warm!

Pine Island, NY Forecast Details
Pine Island, NY is your default location.

Saturday
Sunny

High Temperature: 32° F
RealFeel®: 28° F
Winds: N at 8 mph
Wind Gusts: 16 mph
Maximum UV: Low (2)
Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00 in
Amount of Rain: 0.00 in
Amount of Snow: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

:mad: I don't know

Originally posted by DPatell
Won't be there, I have a hockey tournament in Syracuse NY. I will be there in spirit though...stay warm!

haha, at least I am not the only one that can't go to launches due to hockey.

I just need to pick up a peice of lexan or plexiglass and I can have a rig set up for a pad cam if anyone wants their launch filmed. Only thing is I'll have to press the button and run, so i'd probably have to be the last rocket on the rack. Should make for some cool up close shots

DV20051129010332.jpg

get the idea?

That's sounds like a good idea. Could you do that for me??
I have a high alt. Redline flight planned now and I can't take my own pics because I have to track; so that would work well.

Oh, don't you mean figure skating with helmets & sticks & a round little thingy called a puck that everyone is chasing after?

The ONLY sport...none of this basketball sissy crap.

JD

The ONLY sport...none of this basketball sissy crap.

The only real sport is two good ole boys swapping sheet metal on the back stretch at 190mph!

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
The only real sport is two good ole boys swapping sheet metal on the back stretch at 190mph!

That's a little slow for me. Yesterday I did 640mph. Anything below 400 is too slow for me.:D

Originally posted by Thrasher
That's a little slow for me. Yesterday I did 640mph. Anything below 400 is too slow for me.:D

uhhhh...Which airline do you fly for? I got some business travel coming up and the last thing I'd like to hear is...

This is Captain Thrasher on the flight deck, We were scheduled to be 3rd to take off however team USAir just went low and passed us on the grass. We should be back in positiion just as soon as I plant his sorry tail into the wall. The rending metal sound is normal so please just

Sit down, strap in, and stop screaming like a little girl!

Flight attendants prepare for departure.

Nah, Captain Thrasher may just cancel the flight due to a confict with a METRA launch.

:D

I was gone for the good weather launches in Nov, but I'm off for Dec 3rd launch. I'm not sure if I can go, I'm remodeling a bathroom. Plus, its going to be real cold. I haven't had much luck launching in cold weather.:mad:

Well we're getting down to the wire here......and I'm afraid I won't have the upscale Gyro Joe done in time :( Better to wait 'till next year than screw up the whole thing.Otherwise my other flights are go!
Weather looks good so this should be a great last launch.

Of course I'm still going but I don't know about any high flights for me :( sigh............

Thanks for posting that Jeff
I had a aft closure failure on the o-ring, aparently it......well.......failed. I had built the motor correctly and this was verifyed just now by taking what is left of the motor apart and I found the correct o-ring in the foward part of the motor (the skinny one:D ) and the fat one was nowhere to be found. Most likely it simply melted. So it was clearly an Aerotech error and will be delt with promptly. Here is me with the rocket before launch:

Heres ignition:

...and finally the aftermath:

As for GOOD flights; here's Fred Traverni's Small Endeavour flying on a Loki H144 I beleve:

Here's Joe's rocket on a Redline I:

........and this is the point where my fingers froze :D

I'll see y'all next year. Merry Christmas!

Sorry I couldn't make it guys, mom called this one off and snuck in to turn my alarm clock off. eesh. Glad to know it was still a good day

Thank you all, that's each and everyone, who attended METRA launches in 2005. It was a banner year for METRA and a joy to watch all the talented flyers (young and old) having a blast.

We look forward to seeing you again in 2006.

Stay tuned for our 2006 launch schedule.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah and have a healthy and safe New Year.

:cool:

Back