Metra Launch - 12/3/2005

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlappert

Reaction score
METRA will be having one additional launch in 2005. We will be holding a one day "fund-raiser launch" on December 3rd at our field in Pine Island, NY. We will NOT be collecting launch fees, but donations will be accepted. Help us wrap up the 2005 flying season with another great launch and some lasting memories.

See www.metrarocketclub.org for more details and directions

Always check the METRA website after 7:00 PM, each Friday before a launch, for a FINAL GO/NOGO decision.

High Lights

Independent Launch (Commercial and EX motors)

12,000 ft waiver

12 Low power pads

18 Mid – High power pads

Unistrut and Extreme Rail Away Cell

M impulse (10,000ns) limit

Launch site is a Sod farm with additional surrounding farms for EZ recovery

Hangar 11, Inc. onsite both days.

No food vendor will be onsite

Porto lav facility onsite

Spectators Welcome

So remember.... Don't put those cool projects away yet, "Git em Ready" and I'll see you at the range.

:cool:

WAHOOOOOOO, I'll be there!
BTW Dennis, check the Nov. 5th & 6th thread......

No such thing as TOO MANY ROCKETS!!! :D
Wow Steve, she has seen many flights. If you ask me, I think that Al's motor should be a great "last launch" for her. Good Luck!
BTW, don't forget to bring your Minnie-Mag.....you know what I mean ;)

I'd be surprised if the LOKI 4800 can become an M. A high end L yes, a high end M no. Surprise me.

Originally posted by JDcluster
Then again AL can pack quite a few Ns into his motors.....

JD

Al's math works a little differently than ours too :rolleyes:

Still, his motors fly great. Big L or little M? What does it matter?

You're right.... doesn't really matter. Nevertheless I'm always up for a good surprise.

:D

"....it will be cool one way or another...."

Definitely :cool:

Originally posted by dlappert
I'd be surprised if the LOKI 4800 can become an M. A high end L yes, a high end M no. Surprise me.

Why not? It is only a 6.66% increase in the Ns compared to the rating LOKI put on the case. Aerotech got an M out of their 4 grain 75mm case.

Well??? Who else is flying???
If I can get my hands on some 38mm hardware before this launch, I will have some great flights planned ;)

If I'm up there you can borrow my hardware steve (38 240, 360, 480 I have)

My report card doesn't look so hot so this ones up in the air.

I thought the last METRA launch of the year was for club members only. Is it open to the unwashed masses?

INDY is only for members no matter what day of the year it is.

Correct... INDY launches require you be a METRA member and sign the INDY waiver form.

December's launch is meant to be a fund-raiser. One day, INDY, no launch fees. All money donated that day will go directly to the METRA account to support 2006 events, equipment, etc.

rabidsheeep, I think I'll take you up on that offer. If you are there, find a metallic red van with "D.Pellegrnio" on the side.
I'll be there, I need the 38/480 case with the closures and the seal disc. Thanks!

Originally posted by dlappert
As opposed to: "I'll be the old, fat, balding guy". Geez... :D

ahhahah :D

Looks good so far, passed everything in school. I say "passed" liberally. I'll probably have the same rockets, dog, and, erm, "enthusiastic" mother as always. If its not windy I really wanna put my 3" performer on an I-211 or I-300. Something new for me to end the flight season

Don't really know yet.

Probably a 2400ns K load or two. I have a bunch of loads ready to go, I may need a volunteer or two to fly them. 38's, 54's.

I would volunteer for the 38s but I don't yet have a rocket that has duel deploy :( It's in the works...

Interesting that you bring up the dual deployment issue. A METRA flyer flew one of my 38mm loads at the last launch with a standard LOKI delay grain / charge. He was right on the money with his calc and had a perfect motor only deployment with an EX load.

very cool

Very cool indeed :D Was it Fred Traverni? I'd like to find out how to do that.

Okay, I probablly not do it because I don't know what other things are needed to do that; I have other stuff for now...next year is the year of the Loki for me :D As far as planned flights for this launch: my Small Endeavour on a AT H220T to at least 2600', my 38mm upscale of Bobby's Gyro Joe on an I154J, and other stuff I have been wanting to burn off.

Back