MDRA Red Glare III Price, MD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben

Reaction score
MDRA Red Glare III is set for October 19-21! Mark the date for the best East coast launch!!

Ben

I spoke to Neil at NERRF3 and he does not expect to make the announcement until early/mid September as the availability of the field depends on when Tommy brings in the crops.

I talked to my dad and it's a possibility that I will be able to come, depending on the date.

I talked to my dad and it's a possibility that I will be able to come, depending on the date.

This is bizare but, last October it was the 20-22. This past April it was the 20-22. The only possible date this october would be 19-21 but that would be cool if it was the same date every year!

Ben

This is bizare but, last October it was the 20-22. This past April it was the 20-22. The only possible date this october would be 19-21 but that would be cool if it was the same date every year!

Ben

I see this software still sux as I had to quote someone to post......POS.

The crops are the determing factor there Benny. Not Neil. When the corn can be harvested in full the launch can happen and it's a tricky equation for Tommy to give a hard date.

We don't care it if it's December 20th......as long as Tommy gets his crop in.

Chuck

The crops are the determing factor there Benny. Not Neil. When the corn can be harvested in full the launch can happen and it's a tricky equation for Tommy to give a hard date.

Chuck

I have to quote my own reply for an edit......I hope this software was free

And if you take a look at the date, understand a little about farming and use a little common sense you may figure that the April date is the last weekend before the crop is planted. It must be before the crop is planted because we know some rocket folks are very short of common sense and have no problem destroying a crop to drag their rocket home, driving their SUV into a planted field, or park on someone's lawn.

Regulars know the drill, noobs must ask. But there is alway one with no manners, and as such foul language seems to straighten them up......quickly.:pirate: Then a dose of whipping seems to be in order along with public humiliation. Perhaps a shredding machine with a public crushing of that crop damaging rocket is in order. They could teach others by being an example. :D

This software is a mess.
Chuck

There is a way to post a reply in a thread without quoting someone Chuck..As I am doing here..I used the 'quick reply' icon in the lower right corner of your message..And there is a way to edit your own post without having to quote yourself..In fact on your own posts you should see an icon in the lower right hand corner of your post that says 'edit'...Just my 2 cents worth..And no, this software was not free..:dontknow:

Thank you....the quick reply box is always there but doesn't allow for a quick reply as do the other forums I post in, without hitting the little icon.....and the edit function did not work with that icon without quoting again.....perhaps there is a second icon for editting? Or an icon in an icon? Dunno why it is not straighforward. But the edit button is asleep.

Chuck

EDIT......Trying it again....the edit worked this time, last time it said I needed to "add 10 characters" after adding a paragraph and wouldn't allow me to save.....very very odd....EDIT

chuck. I know it is based on crops and I can't stand the dumbasses that drive in planted fields. I was just curious if we have heard anything.

Ben

My crystal ball is dim, what do you figure the weather will be for the next three months? Rainfall? Humidity? Temps? Corn need all three in combination. If you can predict from now to October 1 then you know way more than all 4 farmers involved.

The farmer's almanac ain't the last word......so unless you can predict 3 months in advance wait for an announcement. Cuz it may be 4, or 5. It is not a question to be asked in the middle of summer, Period!

And this quick reply is a joke, if I have to hit extra buttons how the hell is it a quick reply?

Chuck

Weird, I hit one button and the quick reply works...

Chuck, are you using Safari?

I got my money on 10/20. However to hedge my bets, I've applied for time off every Friday in October.

Weird, I hit one button and the quick reply works...

Chuck, are you using Safari?

I got my money on 10/20. However to hedge my bets, I've applied for time off every Friday in October.

If you've penciled in 10-20 we all know the next big computer virus will hit 10-19.....why did you tell them you wanted the 20th off? You're a marked man.

Chuck

just putting it back at the top to see who's going.

Ben

I might go and I might fly a rocket too. This is hugely tentative based on whether it works with school and if the rocket and motors are actually done.

edit: fixed the orientation, thanks ben.

DSCF0531.jpg

What's that ominous glowing pink UFO in the upper left corner of the frame?

go to edit photo and click rotate at the top.

Ben

I might go and I might fly a rocket too. This is hugely tentative based on whether it works with school and if the rocket and motors are actually done.

For some reason photobucket refused to upload this picture right side up, so you gotta turn your head.

Is that the sustainer to Todd's Little John?

Ben

From MDRA's meeting last night, the tentative date for Red Glare 3 is Oct 19 -21st. That date is very tentative and it depends on the crop situation.

From MDRA's meeting last night, the tentative date for Red Glare 3 is Oct 19 -21st. That date is very tentative and it depends on the crop situation.

THANK YOU!!! They SHOULD have crops harvested by October 19 (I hope) All the farmers around here do it late September.

Ben

With the lack of rain there may be no crop......the peninsula is hurting. But since it's close to halloween there should be no shortage of orange flamed, black smoke belching motors. Hint Ti tailings are the shizz for that.

Chuck

With the lack of rain there may be no crop......the peninsula is hurting. But since it's close to halloween there should be no shortage of orange flamed, black smoke belching motors. Hint Ti tailings are the shizz for that.

Chuck

we just got a good storm that dumped 1.5" of rain here. Hope it all works out :(

Ben

How long of a notification do they usually get. I ask becaus i am thinking about the hotel reservations. I know we could just make them and cancel if the dates change, but my dad can be picky.

How long of a notification do they usually get. I ask becaus i am thinking about the hotel reservations. I know we could just make them and cancel if the dates change, but my dad can be picky.

I would wait till the first week in September. If the date hasen't changed make a resercvation. I would E-mail Neil and ask him if they still have a deal with the Sleep Inn. My dad said he wouldn't mess around this year and go with Sleep Inn.

Ben

Just make reservations for both weekends. You can always cancel a week or two ahead of time and not be charged any penalties. Luckily, i only live about 1.5 hours from there.

MaxQ...You still up for that Raptor drag race? I think my schedule is clear and hope to attend both days. We'll have to see what the better half has to say about that, though.

Back