MDRA Red Glare III Price, MD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is possible that it could have been Glen Davis motor from his ill-faited :(
blue motor that came unglued on Sunday Afternoon. I believe it was
headed towards the left side of the field.

THX, John :)

Glenn, I believe this is Darren's motor that he lost out of his Maniac.

-Justin

John - when you left side, is this as you were looking at the flight line? I found it in the right field when you are looking at the flight line.

John and Justin - Do you have phone number/email addresses you could PM me so I could call them? The motor is just sitting in my garage.

BTW - the aft centering ring and metal thrust plate (~0.25" thick) is still on the motor. Do not know if this is helpful or not. Thanks.

It was fluorescent orange on the top and yellow on the bottom. We saw the apogee charge go off, but I lost it in the last cloud that we going by on Saturday morning. I never saw it again. It flew off over the flight line pretty quick. Estimated altitude was about 5000 feet.

Do you know if they brought it back? Thanks.

No they didn't. Someone told me that they thought that they saw a rocket near the tree line over on the other side of the road at about the 1 or 2 o'clock position from the flight line. They thought it was a light color (white). I went out there to look for it. I found a deer stand in the trees near where they were talking about that was made out of aluminum and figured that was what they saw but wasn't sure. I didn't find anything else.
Sorry, wish I had better news.

all the pictures my dad took are up on the MDRA site
https://www.mdra-archive.org/photos/RedGlare3/

I got some real good ones of SeInG StArS, Spinal Tap, Mega Thor, and many more! If anyone wants a full res (they are almost full) let me know and I would be glad to E-mail it to you!

Ben

all the pictures my dad took are up on the MDRA site
https://www.mdra-archive.org/photos/RedGlare3/

I got some real good ones of SeInG StArS, Spinal Tap, Mega Thor, and many more! If anyone wants a full res (they are almost full) let me know and I would be glad to E-mail it to you!

Ben

Great pictures!

Ben: Your dad showed me a frame shot on his camera of my Fatboy in flight...I don't see it at the website...anyway I can get a copy?

Great pictures!

Ben: Your dad showed me a frame shot on his camera of my Fatboy in flight...I don't see it at the website...anyway I can get a copy?

sure shoot me an E-mail so I can reply to it with the attachments. I did not get all of the pictures added to the ftp server the ones I got took like 15min!

Ben

Back