• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mach 1 Firehawk 54 TSR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowga

A.K.A. 'Mr. HoJo'
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Rare kit for sale. Mach 1 Rocketry Firehawk 54 TSR fiberglass kit. Not sure how many were made by the original version of Mach 1 Rocketry, but they are rare. Includes would-filament nose cone with steel tip. Forged eyebolts, pre-cut fin slots in fiberglass body for it's unique split-fin design. Mach 1 is famous for those designs! Even includes custom decal. All brand new in the original shipping box. NOS, unbuilt.

Dual-Deploy design. This thing will scream to the heights. Here's a chance to own a real collectors item from one of the great rocketry companies of the 21st Century, Mach 1 Rocketry. Retailed for $175, asking $125 including shipping to the lower 48.

Attachments

• Firehawk Wide.jpg
    Firehawk Wide.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Firehawk Precut Fin Slots.jpg
    Firehawk Precut Fin Slots.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Firehawk Nose Cone.jpg
    Firehawk Nose Cone.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Firehawk Fins.jpg
    Firehawk Fins.jpg
    655.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Firehawk CU.jpg
    Firehawk CU.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Firehawk Centering Rings.jpg
    Firehawk Centering Rings.jpg
    591.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Photos now attached. This thing will be a beauty when finished, and you can almost guarantee you'll have the only one at the launch. Mach 1's original designer Ronald Dunn is famous for his split-fin designs which look lightning fast even when sitting on the pad. (He said while driving to sneak this back onto the build pile without the wife seeing it!)

Assuming it's a 54mm (or larger) motor mount, I'll take it. If it's 38mm or smaller, I'll pass.

As you can see in the photos, there is no motor mount. I'm assuming it is intended for 38mm or minimum diameter 54 mm, but I'm not certain. The original owners of Mach 1 are friends and in my NAR section. It's possible that it's a prototype. I often helped them out by building some designs for them, this may have been one of those.

Looks like your missing 2 tubes.
(1) the coupling. [I see the switch band, and 2 body tubes. ]
(1) motor mount. Would fit ID of centering rings and be about 12" long.

Are they inside other tubes, or nosecone by chance?

The Firehawk 54 TSR is sold. For future reference, attached is an illustration of how it looks, along with the .ORK (Open Rocket) sim file. According to Steve Skinner one of the original owners of Mach 1 "they are very rare."

Attachments

• image_2023-06-20_175934642.png
    image_2023-06-20_175934642.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Firehawk 54.ork
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
Back