LOC Aura 1 1/2 Mile?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sevian

Reaction score
Hello all!

I just received my Aura from LOC today and I was curious if anyone else looked at Red Arrow's motor list for it?

I eyed the H180 and H220 brought it pretty high up there, and wanted to know if anyone else has launched it with either of those. I imagine I will need to put some nose weight in for it.

Thanks!

We used to build Auras without the motor mount and use 38mm motors. H45 was the motor of choice.
This was in the old days when carbon and tip to tip was not used. Just glue on the fins and they would stay on.

M

That is awesome! Any idea for altitude? I'll have to see if OR wants to agree with me and wants to work correctly.

Just out of question, what would a J1000 do to a MD cardboard plywood rocket? Would it go shreddy shred?

Dunno which would happen first, the fins ripping off or the entire airframe accordion-ing shorter.

We used to build Auras without the motor mount and use 38mm motors. H45 was the motor of choice.
This was in the old days when carbon and tip to tip was not used. Just glue on the fins and they would stay on.

M
Too many young'uns don't know about the good old days. They don't realize that fiberboard airframes and plywood fins are composite materials too, much lighter and less expensive than the CF and FG composites that are in vogue today, and get similar performance with a 1 impulse class smaller engine at half the cost! :confused:

Bob

Back