Liquidfyre style through-wall camera mount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

dan__olson

Reaction score
I do intend on shipping products... I am just in the midst of a job change, and trying to get my BALLS project finished up... I have to be honest, I don't really like the angle the camera is at right now, and I don't want to ship out something I am not happy with. For those who have sent me money, I don't think I have accepted it, but if I have I will certainly return it if you'd like... I hadn't planned on going to BALLS, but I'm kind of committed at this point, and I'll be honest, this project has gotten neglected as a result. Sorry I haven't been real communitive, I really do feel bad about that.

OhioFlyer

Reaction score
@dan__olson no worries at all. I'd rather you take the time to get it right. As I said, I'm not in any real rush as this is for a build I haven't even started yet and likely won't till the fall.

If it's at all helpful from a funds perspective to have my order in hand to cover dev/manufacturing costs on your end I'm happy to pre-order. Just let me know.

jkovac

Reaction score
I’m fine with waiting as long as needed, just wanted to be sure that a shipment wasn’t lost or stolen. Enjoy the BALLS project and your new job, hang on to the $ I sent, and get back to me at your convenience.

drgarymartinez

TRA 19960 - LEVEL 2
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I do intend on shipping products... I am just in the midst of a job change, and trying to get my BALLS project finished up... I have to be honest, I don't really like the angle the camera is at right now, and I don't want to ship out something I am not happy with. For those who have sent me money, I don't think I have accepted it, but if I have I will certainly return it if you'd like... I hadn't planned on going to BALLS, but I'm kind of committed at this point, and I'll be honest, this project has gotten neglected as a result. Sorry I haven't been real communitive, I really do feel bad about that.
Would love to see a pic for this through the wall camera mount. Very interested in getting 2 of them.

dan__olson

Reaction score
Forgive my poor dremeling but here it is in my balls rocket... as you can see, the camera needs to be placed higher up compared to the body tube and the angle flattened out. As it is now, the bottom 10% or so of the frame is just a blurry body tube and you can't see the fins at all... I can do better

Attachments

dan__olson

Reaction score
That's a 2" wide switch band and a 5" airframe... I'm trying my best to get things ready for BALLS and then I can try it out and see what changes I need to make... that is if the whole thing doesn't just blow up. Assuming I'm able to get video, I'll share here, so you guys can decide if I need to back to work on it. Never been to BALLS, and most certainly not like a month before... 6 days and counting now before we leave, and I still have to clear and do a couple things on the airframe, and settle on my best guess for an M hybrid and get machining... I should just back out for this year, but my pride won't let me. It's either gonna go or blow I guess... I know I won't be the only one :) Thanks for the continued support all of you... no doubt it's been very frustrating.