Liquidfyre style through-wall camera mount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A solvent-based remover, rather than a caustic type paint stripper. Something like lacquer thinner, MEK, toluene, or limonene-based stripper. I don't know what brands you have available. Klean Strip is a brand here. The fumes can be bad, so avoid them as much as possible and/or wear a respirator with an organic vapor filter.

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has made any progress on a downward-facing camera/lens mount with minimal external exposure. Dan, I would definitely buy the stuff in your photos if you were willing to sell it.

Unfortunately, no... between my hy2 brid development work and now buying an ambulance that I want to convert over for rocket transport/workspace andwanted working on a what I think is a fairly revolutionary hybrid launch system, I just haven't had the time to work on the camera... unfortunately, because of this whole homebuilt hybrid thing, I haven't been able to get a camera in the air... but, I do have hopes that one way or another I can get it in the air and see if I am happy with it so I feel good about someoneone else buying it.
Seems like this tread has gone cold but i'd love to know if you ever complete this project. I have 2 Runcam2 4k cameras and 2 matecam808 120° cameras. I wanted a liquidfyre camera shroud and talked with the owner right about the time he stopped producing them. I would certainly take a shroud or 2 for my 4" diameter rockets. I have an Additive Aerospace shroud but as previously mentioned they are rather bulky.

Seems like this tread has gone cold
Yes. I was ruined by the beautiful LiquidFyre stuff in 54mm, but it looks like a commercial (or at least made by a fellow hobbyist more skilled than me) option for larger near-MD rockets is not going to happen. I’ve messed around a bit with cast acrylic tubing but haven’t flown it, not sure what will happen to it at high speeds. The mirrors idea sounds interesting but I haven’t seen photos of an actual example, not sure if it puts less outside the airframe than a small lens would. And on the lens outside the airframe approach, it looks to me like the lens module from the RunCam 2 when removed from the camera body is smaller than the lens heads on their split cams. I think I’m going to try to get a cable that will work, and if I can, I will try mounting a cabled RCII 4K lens pointed down on the av bay, and build a small shroud for it.

Back