Life lessons from the workshop and the range

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The better your adhesive, the more you should think before you use it.

I tend to spend a good bit of time on large builds thinking about order of operations.
"Thinking" here is the important part.
I had a co-worker who inadvertently broke a large bottle of CA glue over his lap, while trying to clear the nozzle of dried glue. I'm not sure how, but as I'm looking for the guy a couple of hours later, I find him in the bathroom with one hand glued to the stall door, and one to his privates. Being the wonderful human being that I am, I immediately informed the entire staff, and posted pix, lol. Acetone breaks the ca bond loose, but that's a rough place to apply acetone.
We never figured out exactly how the accident happened. He ended up at the hospital, getting everything loose. Poor docs...

"Thinking" here is the important part.
I had a co-worker who inadvertently broke a large bottle of CA glue over his lap, while trying to clear the nozzle of dried glue. I'm not sure how, but as I'm looking for the guy a couple of hours later, I find him in the bathroom with one hand glued to the stall door, and one to his privates. Being the wonderful human being that I am, I immediately informed the entire staff, and posted pix, lol. Acetone breaks the ca bond loose, but that's a rough place to apply acetone.
We never figured out exactly how the accident happened. He ended up at the hospital, getting everything loose. Poor docs...
Ouch….

I’m glad he ended up being alright. Poor guy.

Last edited:
Not sure if these were mentioned already

*In rockertry - patience is a virtue to a success flight.

*Don't be afraid to ask questions, you may find a solution from others experience.

Courtesy of the Stines.

F0AA2365-566C-4105-BC59-0A1B9091F10A.jpeg

I like this because it doesn’t imply that you should ALWAYS follow the instructions, just that it might be a good idea to try if it doesn’t work when you try it your way.

Back