LDRS 33. 2014??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a long time since a LDRS has been held in Colorado. Looking at the pics of their launch fields it looks like they could support a LDRS. I would love to make a trip up to the mountains to attend.

LDRS in Hartsel was the 1st one we went to. It was the best. Snow capped mountains, not to hot, buffalo in the recovery, It was just great. Not sure if their club is big enough to handle a LDRS the way it has grown.
Gary

LDRS in Hartsel was the 1st one we went to. It was the best. Snow capped mountains, not to hot, buffalo in the recovery, It was just great. Not sure if their club is big enough to handle a LDRS the way it has grown.
Gary

If that is the only reason holding them back, I would guess they could get assistance from other clubs in order to pull it off.

The picture on their website tells me the parking wouldn't be a problem! :)

https://ncrocketry.org/

That's not the same launch site. The LDRS I went to was west of Co. Springs. The launch site in picture I think is in Northern Co. near the WY border.
Gary

The Hartsel site is on private property. A large buffalo ranch. The owner does not allow overnite camping. It is a nice size ranch, but for a present day LDRS, way to small. That said, it is a great place to launch. At 8800 asl, the rockets can flat get it. I have heard of a County Commissnar who is looking to find another property nearby to host the 2015 LDRS. We will see.... About NCR.... NO way No how. NCR has a permit with the USFS for the 'north site'. The permit does not allow anything close to an LDRS. The USFS, the NCR club, and the nearby land owners are very touchy about the site. It is one of finest places on the planet to fly. Care must be taken to keep it that way. Tim

Last edited:
Glad to hear they have someone helping find another site. Haven't been to Colorado since my brother moved away. Going back to fly rockets would be great. Hope it all works out for 2015 to have another LDRS field in the country!

Kanasville, WI

July 2014

Four clubs working together to host

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will it be at Bong?

Who are the clubs?

I don't really care, all I know is.................................... I'M GONNA GO TI LDRS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Bong isn't kansasville. 15 miles apart.

Try again, 3.9 mi distance, when I reference Richard Bong state recreational area it's address is Kansasville, WI.

BTW FAA gave us a waiver for WOOSH at 10,000' MSL that's aprox 9,300' AGL.

This is news to me

image-2234443261.jpg

Who are the four clubs? There's only one "local" TRA club, and it ain't that big.

Who are the four clubs? There's only one "local" TRA club, and it ain't that big.

This is interesting, people from WOOSH don't even know who is hosting it and it's going to be at Bong?

39904253.jpg

Personally, I am very happy about this. Ought to be a good time.

This is interesting, people from WOOSH don't even know who is hosting it and it's going to be at Bong?

View attachment 138526

Personally, I am very happy about this. Ought to be a good time.
We're (WOOSH) NAR, why would we know? Besides that, our Prez just made a good point on our mail list. Our launch site at Bong is currently non-existant, since we've been evicted by the dog people - we've been moved to a temporary site until they make improvements to our new permanent site, which nobody really knows when will happen. How can you plan an event without a location? You can't even light an M at our temp. site, so that's out of the question. Tim? You know something about this??

We're (WOOSH) NAR, why would we know?

Ohhh...I thought you fellas were dual-affiliated for some reason. Guess not. That's just me assuming things.

Besides that, our Prez just made a good point on our mail list. Our launch site at Bong is currently non-existant, since we've been evicted by the dog people - we've been moved to a temporary site until they make improvements to our new permanent site, which nobody really knows when will happen. How can you plan an event without a location? You can't even light an M at our temp. site, so that's out of the question. Tim? You know something about this??

No worries mate. We're all pretty close, but not THAT close!

Friggin' fantastic! Can't wait!!!

Posted here because my last post on the Woosh list strangely did not go through..... Regarding the Woosh list; I am sorely disappointed in the pessimism and (real or perceived) negative NAR vs TRA vibes. Interestingly enough, in the thread regarding NAR flyers now accepted at TRA Rx launches, I typed out a nice response with a bit of real history in it....strangely it never made it to the list.

As a member of both TWA and Woosh, as well as a part of a local (to me) club, this is a fantastic opportunity to step up to the plate; offer up the best assets of all our local talents; show what we can produce on a national level, and hopefully scare the dog people out of the park:wink:!

I for one, look forward to helping make this event happen. I hope the rest of the locals will consider doing the same!

-Eric-

I would be willing to bet that WOOSH will be helping out a lot too, but we are not one of the hosting clubs. This will be interesting, Bong is only good up to a hundred vehicles (and that is with conservative set-up areas...):shock:

Back