Launch at Bong on 3-21-2015

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrwjr

Reaction score
Come join Woosh this Saturday March 21 from 10:00am to 3:00pm at Richard Bong State Park -AKA- Bong. We'll have rails and rods of assorted sizes . Your welcome to fly LPR,MPR, and HPR. Now is your chance to get acquainted with Wisconsin's consistent changing March weather( you could say it's March Madness) - so bring everything from sunscreen and shorts, to your thickest hat and coat.
I'm going to fly my first cable cutter, a new Wild Thang Jr. And if all goes well a K735 skid. I'm hoping for 2 other flights as well, if that's not March madness I don't know what is .
Come on out and see Tim Lehr of Wildman hobbies. Become a Wildman club member and then you'll see a real bracket buster.
If anyone is going to need a 15/15 rail, a ladder, or is intending on launching anything needing the away cell. Please respond to this so we can plan accordingly as those are not part of our normal winter set-up. So we need to make arrangements to get those items to the field.
Don't be the one who misses this March tournament of launches. See you there.

Look for more information including weather related updates at www.Wooshrocketry.org

Can I convince my wife to let me attend two weekends in a row? ... We will see...

CZTeacherMan.. I have $10 with your name on it.. you know what you need to do.

cool and a bit breezy. gave my madcow phoenix a nice ride on an I161, and managed to stay dry.
Rex
oh.
and found out that a G33 mellow yellow is a very nice motor for a stealth :).

It was good to see a lot of familiar faces as well as new ones out at the launch yesterday. I got a few pictures that I thought I would share.
First up is my Wildman 5 inch Jart- flew it on a K735 Skid.

IMG_9604 - Copy.jpg IMG_9605 - Copy.jpg IMG_9606 - Copy.jpg

Brent had his Wildman 6 inch V-2 and flew it on an L820.

IMG_9612 - Copy.jpgIMG_9613 - Copy.jpg IMG_9614 - Copy.jpg

The Wildman 6 inch V-2 was a popular choice as well as the L820. Here is Mark Hacklers V-2

IMG_9624 - Copy.jpg IMG_9625 - Copy.jpg

I flew my Formula 75 on an I-161. This rocket has a modfied nose cone ( the new [polycarbonate ones from Wildman) and I used it to house my altimeter and used my cable cutter. Very successful flight. I look forward to using the Cable Cutter on future projects.

IMG_9644 - Copy.jpg IMG_9645 - Copy.jpg IMG_9646 - Copy.jpg IMG_9652 - Copy.jpg

Back