Launch at Bong on 3-22-14

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rrwjr

Reaction score
Come join Woosh this Saturday March 22 from 10:00am to 3:00pm at Richard Bong State Park -AKA- Bong. We'll have rails and rods of assorted sizes . Your welcome to fly LPR,MPR, and HPR. Now is your chance to get acquainted with Wisconsin's consistent changing March weather - so bring everything from sunscreen and shorts, to your thickest hat and coat.

Look for more information including weather related updates at www.Wooshrocketry.org

Launch day is getting closer. Weather looks to be in the low 40's. Of course there is a 20% chance of snow! After all this is Wisconsin.

Looking for some additional incentive to come out and launch besides the smell of BP and Ap? How about hanging out with some fellow rocketeers'. If that's not enough how about Tim from Wildman being on site to sell you everything you need and more? Still not enough incentive- how about this- be one of the very first people to see the 6inch V-2 prototype live and in person at the Wildman trailer. Be one of the first to see and even preorder this latest offering from "The Wildman".

Still not enough incentive- well weather permitting I will look to fly my Comp 3 on a K940. That's right all you MWP attendees. The very same rocket and motor that gave me the dubious distinction of having to wear a dress at the banquet. Will I redeem myself? See the drama unfold live at Bong this Saturday the 22.

So who else is coming and what you gonna fly? ( don't forget your water-proof footwear)

well I still have a couple of birds that haven't flown yet (Argent & Wild Child), with any luck they will get their chance come Saturday.
Rex

well I still have a couple of birds that haven't flown yet (Argent & Wild Child), with any luck they will get their chance come Saturday.
Rex
A new Wild Child? I seem to remember you having one in the past. If the USPS comes through for me, Lucas and I will be throwing the Darkstar Extreme skyward on a K1499. I'm excited to light that motor!

a while back Tim had some special commemorative LDRSXXX kits he was clearing out (with filament wound nose cones) for $30...:). got around to building it.
Rex

A new Wild Child? I seem to remember you having one in the past. If the USPS comes through for me, Lucas and I will be throwing the Darkstar Extreme skyward on a K1499. I'm excited to light that motor!

That's a cool motor Chad, I think I flew my DSE 3 times on that motor. I have a pretty good idea how high it will go if you were wondering, LOL!!

That's a cool motor Chad, I think I flew my DSE 3 times on that motor. I have a pretty good idea how high it will go if you were wondering, LOL!!
Are you coming up tomorrow? I simmed it once, don't remember what it said... Do you by chance have an old style long copperhead you'd care to unload? Or anyone coming tomorrow? Cash paid......

Are you coming up tomorrow? I simmed it once, don't remember what it said... Do you by chance have an old style long copperhead you'd care to unload? Or anyone coming tomorrow? Cash paid......

Chad,
This is starting to look like an addiction. Put down the copperheads and back away slowly. :tongue::tongue:

Adrian (didn't I feed your habit enough?)

Chad,
This is starting to look like an addiction. Put down the copperheads and back away slowly. :tongue::tongue:

Adrian (didn't I feed your habit enough?)
I WILL PUT DOWN NOTHING! And no - what is enough?

I can hear it now, 'could I borrow your copperhead clip?' :).
Rex

3178'-3215'-3110' No, I will not be making it to the bong tomorrow. I do have quite the collection of copperheads if you would like to have them.

3178'-3215'-3110' No, I will not be making it to the bong tomorrow. I do have quite the collection of copperheads if you would like to have them.
Somewhere around 3K is what I seem to remember, and I still find that surprising for a <1sec. burn. Perfect motor for Bong!

So... How was flying today? I was thinking of making the trip, but had to haul to boy around for some school project. I'm pretty sure I'm out of copperheads to pay for my admission...

Adrian

So... How was flying today? I was thinking of making the trip, but had to haul to boy around for some school project. I'm pretty sure I'm out of copperheads to pay for my admission...

Adrian

Silly you, we don't charge copperheads for entry until May! It was cold and brisk today, one of those days that could have gone either way. Flying was ok, with rockets drifting to the E/NE - some quite far. Many successes a few interesting failures, LIT A K WITH A COPPERHEAD, pretty good DAY OVERALL.

for those curious, no Chad did not borrow my clip :). nice pic.s
Rex

Rex

Rex-I got a few pics of the Argent. Love that sloooooow takeoff.

IMG_0788 (503x800).jpg

IMG_0789 (489x800).jpg

IMG_0791 (484x800).jpg

IMG_0793 (483x800).jpg

Silly you, we don't charge copperheads for entry until May! It was cold and brisk today, one of those days that could have gone either way. Flying was ok, with rockets drifting to the E/NE - some quite far. Many successes a few interesting failures, LIT A K WITH A COPPERHEAD, pretty good DAY OVERALL.[/QUOTE

Chad - I loved the flight. My pics not so good. I got it just lighting and then clearing the rail. I figured I would post the lighting pic as some may never have seen a copper head light before. LOL.

IMG_0802 (532x800).jpg

thank you Russ. in pics 1 & 2 the igni er I mean the starter* hasn't cleared the nozzle, #3 my pad is starting to disappear in the smoke...:).
*not a copperhead
Rex

thank you Russ. in pics 1 & 2 the igni er I mean the starter* hasn't cleared the nozzle, #3 my pad is starting to disappear in the smoke...:).
*not a copperhead
Rex
BOOOOOOOOOOO.hehe

Back