K and S Rockets under new management.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a notification of shippment today from K and S

AWESOME! thanks so much K and S, I knew deep down this would happen sooner or later.. I hope this means K and S is back as the INCREDIBLE rocketry vendor they have always been! and that things are going great for them!

I hope so too. He has been a good vendor minus two potholes.

There are not that many vendors out there that sell kits. I hope that K and S can recover and get their service back up to speed.

Chris

Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease come back to us. BUT- fair notice- I really need (not want-there is a difference) a 38MM AV BAY AND I AM NOT ABOVE CLONING OR PAYING A PREMIUM PRICE FOR ONE. I am running out of time and I have been really patient, but this has to get done.

I've never bought from K&S, and appreciate the frustration presented in this thread, however- am I the only one that noticed that from Austin's first message on June 5th to the eventual release of (some) backlogged orders was only about 2 weeks? Even up to now it seems most of the upset posters have begun to receive their orders within 3 weeks. I know many of these orders are months old, but some people who were waiting the longest (no names) were also the first to throw Austin under the bus. If you were able to wait 12 weeks for Scott, what's another 3 for his son? Not minimizing the value of communication AT ALL, but let's think of this as a lesson learned.
I've no intention of getting in the middle of this, but to me this sounds like Austin was working his ass off behind the scenes to undo months of mess for whatever reason, and now is getting his head above water. Good job, son. Keep it up. I like the kits I see on your site, and with continued positive feedback here will consider you for future business.

I sympathize with the frustration felt by those waiting on orders, but some of the comments in this thread are far beyond the pale. I'd even surmise that some border on (or cross the border of) violations of the forum TOS. I'm not defending K&S, but come on folks, enough is enough.

I sympathize with the frustration felt by those waiting on orders, but some of the comments in this thread are far beyond the pale. I'd even surmise that some border on (or cross the border of) violations of the forum TOS. I'm not defending K&S, but come on folks, enough is enough.

That might be true. I think you might not have all the information on this. The behind the scenes info is not posted here. I think we all hope Scott or Austin or who ever is running the show starts turning around the company. If they do not do it soon, there may be no customers to purchase their products.

Pro-Active Communication is the key factor here. If K & S (Scott or Austin) would have just sent some notice of whats going on I am sure most of the folks here would be ok with the wait for how ever it takes. But just let folks sit here with no information while they slowly simmer in their own juices and then you get some serious problems which can be hard to fix !

Waiting patiently here too for my Colonial Viper 4" and AV payload for it. Hoping it comes some time soon. But I want it right with Doc's as well I hope, not just a bag O Parts !!

Cheers
John ..

Last edited:
I personally will potentially order more. I need some more AV bays.

Based on the quality of the one K&S kit I have I would have no problem at all buying more - if I could afford to buy anything, that is. Having to get another car has put the kibosh on any hobby spending for at least several more months.

As I said I can fully understand the frustration with the lack of communication. BTDT too many times with various things over the years.

Having to get another car has put the kibosh on any hobby spending for at least several more months.

I am sorry to hear that. I have a Flash x 3 that will do a build thread for you if it ever comes.

I was disappointed that I didn't have the funds in time to get in on the Viper orders. Now I see that maybe that was a good thing. I hope they make it back, I would probably give them a chance if they did.

Like many others, I've also been waiting on several orders,..I did finally receive 2 of the kits...A Dragon Fire and a RamJet. I'm still waiting on the 4"viper. I didn't look at the Dragon Fire kit yet, but the RamJet didn't have any instructions...just the Rocksim file and pic's. I guess it'll be a bit more challenging to build.

In future, I know if they come out with other kits, I'll likely still order from them...it might just take a bit longer than what I'm used to... Personally I think the only major thing they need to improve on is communication..I'm usually ok if things are delayed..I just like to be informed when a delay occurs or just get the occasional status update and what the new eta is..

Like many others, I've also been waiting on several orders,..I did finally receive 2 of the kits...A Dragon Fire and a RamJet. I'm still waiting on the 4"viper. I didn't look at the Dragon Fire kit yet, but the RamJet didn't have any instructions...just the Rocksim file and pic's. I guess it'll be a bit more challenging to build.

That is the way his kits come.

Guys,

I heard from Scott today. Austin is working hard on getting the orders together.

What I've heard and seen posted here from most people is the lack of communication. I agree if there was more communication there would be less frustration. If someone like Scott or Austin had an order that was sitting for 10 days I think that would be a long enough time to contact the customer and say we ran into a problem with your order and it will be delayed (and give the reason). Some of these orders go back months without any type of contact. I think it's important to keep your customers informed. And yes most people would gladly wait for their order if they knew that it was on the way. I myself needed repair work done on few chutes. Just sew some Kevlar bridles and attach a barrel swivel, which I provided. This was back in February of this year. In most cases I can be pretty patience, but after 4 months of waiting and no communication I had enough. I did in fact file a fraud claim with the Post Office and did talk to a lawyer. It was then I left a message with K&S that I was going to following through with these actions if they did not return my products. It was only then I that I heard something and got my chutes returned. Customers shouldn't have to go to this extent to get a response, but apparently with K&S it works this way.

I did finally get my chutes and hardware back ...unfinished of course, but this experience was a complete waste of time.

My issue I have aside from their lack of communication is the laziness on their part. How long does it actually take to sew a bridle? Four months?? Really? Maybe an hour or so at the most??? I couldn't see the reason behind waiting anymore and took action. There's no excuse for this at all. No matter what is happening behind the scenes you have a business to run and if you fail to do so you suffer consequences. K&S lost my business. I won't even buy a stick of gum from them.

I know a lot of you have done business in the past and have supported them, but for me after being taken for a ride I'll pass. I hope your orders / kits do show up and in quality condition. There are a lot of other vendors out there to buy from and I'm sure they will go the extra mile for you.

Last edited:
This little tid-bit would have been good to know before ordering.
It was a first for me to purchase a "kit" and it not not have any build instructions.

All Prolinerocketry, Wildman, Rocketry Warehouse, and Smokin rockets kits are devoid of written instructions. Usually, a search on the Internet will find them.

I know that this thread has been going on for quite some time now and it has affected me as well as others. I in fact have received my items and un-cashed check (after 4 months of waiting) so I’m pleased with that. I would have much preferred getting the work done, but it turned how it turned out. I know a lot of you here are still waiting and I hope you do get the kits or parts that you ordered or some contact has been made from K&S. The focus on this thread has always been communication stressed by myself and others here. Some have stated that no matter what the situation that Scott is going through that he or his son should keep us informed on the status of pending orders. I’m assuming that some of you have already been contacted regarding your orders and maybe some haven’t. I know that I received a voice message from Scott yesterday. He wasn’t too happy with my participation in this thread and stated that he has turned over this thread or the comments I made (In his words “Running my F’ing mouth) to an attorney and he is going to sue me. Really? On what grounds may I ask? That what I posted here has simply been the same as what everyone else has experienced? Can anyone explain to me the rules of this forum and if I am in fact breaking them? I never once insulted Scott or K&S and simply stated my experience that I had and I would never do business with him. I’m sure if I was out of line that one of the moderators would have contacted me and warned me of my posts. I never put him down, but felt as others do that his business practices should improve and if he were to communicate more a lot of people here wouldn’t have mind waiting including myself. And that has always been the case with me.
I think IMHO that his nasty phone call and threat to me could have been better spent by calling someone who has been waiting on a kit or parts to build a kit. The fact he has violated US Postal regulations regarding accepting money and not shipping merchandise should be of greater concern to him than my posts on this thread.

I went back and forth about sharing this on this thread and even contacted Kevin and asked his opinion. This post wasn’t intended in any way to bad mouth Scott, but this is how it happened. I’m not so concerned about what he said to me by dropping the F-Bomb. I know he is upset, but what right do you have to tell me that I’m running mouth and not to post my opinion.
Scott if you are reading this I wish you luck in recovery / rebuilding your business, but because of what you are going through doesn’t give you the right insult someone. I would stay focus on getting your orders shipped.

And FWIW I’m sorry if my comments have upset you.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
I know that this thread has been going on for quite some time now and it has affected me as well as others. I in fact have received my items and un-cashed check (after 4 months of waiting) so I’m pleased with that. I would have much preferred getting the work done, but it turned how it turned out. I know a lot of you here are still waiting and I hope you do get the kits or parts that you ordered or some contact has been made from K&S. The focus on this thread has always been communication stressed by myself and others here. Some have stated that no matter what the situation that Scott is going through that he or his son should keep us informed on the status of pending orders. I’m assuming that some of you have already been contacted regarding your orders and maybe some haven’t. I know that I received a voice message from Scott yesterday. He wasn’t too happy with my participation in this thread and stated that he has turned over this thread or the comments I made (In his words “Running my F’ing mouth) to an attorney and he is going to sue me. Really? On what grounds may I ask? That what I posted here has simply been the same as what everyone else has experienced? Can anyone explain to me the rules of this forum and if I am in fact breaking them? I never once insulted Scott or K&S and simply stated my experience that I had and I would never do business with him. I’m sure if I was out of line that one of the moderators would have contacted me and warned me of my posts. I never put him down, but felt as others do that his business practices should improve and if he were to communicate more a lot of people here wouldn’t have mind waiting including myself. And that has always been the case with me.
I think IMHO that his nasty phone call and threat to me could have been better spent by calling someone who has been waiting on a kit or parts to build a kit. The fact he has violated US Postal regulations regarding accepting money and not shipping merchandise should be of greater concern to him than my posts on this thread.

I went back and forth about sharing this on this thread and even contacted Kevin and asked his opinion. This post wasn’t intended in any way to bad mouth Scott, but this is how it happened. I’m not so concerned about what he said to me by dropping the F-Bomb. I know he is upset, but what right do you have to tell me that I’m running mouth and not to post my opinion.
Scott if you are reading this I wish you luck in recovery / rebuilding your business, but because of what you are going through doesn’t give you the right insult someone. I would stay focus on getting your orders shipped.

And FWIW I’m sorry if my comments have upset you.

Good Luck!

Here is a flower that wants to run his mouth after he was told in the beginning that it may be some time before we could do his chutes that he wanted to send to us to sew on some bridles with swivels. These arenot something we do and is not a priority on the list of things that get done. Dan had no problem with this. After getting a email threatening use over these damn parachute we sent them back along with his check uncashed. Hell I do not think we ever cashed that last check he sent on the first ones we did. But yet he still want to run his mouth and keep bashing K and S Rockets so since this is what he want to keep doing we are letting are lawyer take it from here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a flower that wants to run his mouth after he was told in the beginning that it may be some time before we could do his chutes that he wanted to send to us to sew on some bridles with swivels. These arenot something we do and is not a priority on the list of things that get done. Dan had no problem with this. After getting a email threatening use over these damn parachute we sent them back along with his check uncashed. Hell I do not think we ever cashed that last check he sent on the first ones we did. But yet he still want to run his mouth and keep bashing K and S Rockets so since this is what he want to keep doing we are letting are lawyer take it from here.

Now this has gone to personal insult and foul to boot. I think someone needs blocked and those that are ripped off file whatever lawsuit you have to, Postal fraud comes to mind.

Stick a fork in it, dudes, you're done....

Mods notified.

Scott you in fact did tell me that it would take some time. Define some time? In the past it was always about two weeks and I was good that. You are absolutely right and this was back in February and I appreciate the work you have done for me in the past. The email you are referring to I think was in June and prior to that email I tried on several occasions to contact you by email, phone and even through this forum, which you did not respond. I'm not running my mouth Scott just simply stating the events that led up to getting my chutes back. All you could have done is tell me you don't have the time to do them and ship them back to me and I would have been more than happy to accept them and find someone else to do the work. No problem. Again you insult me for what reason? Because what I state here and other posts are the events that took place.

As I mentioned before good luck in your business.

And FWIW I'm sorry that my comments have upset you.

Last edited:

What exactly is this post supposed to achieve, other than to drive others to be sure they will never use your company again?

I have been quietly reading this thread in hopes the K&S would get sorted out, as I wanted some items from them. I have seen no real bashing just stating whats been going on. But if this is how K&S handles problems with orders I for one will not deal with them. I have seen how people have been asking for information on orders they have placed months before. I little contact and explaining goes a long way. But with that post you have lost me as a customer before I even baught anything.

OK, can we please stop encouraging communication? Maybe it was better when nobody heard anything from them...

Scott, bad form dude. VERY bad form. AB's post were hostile, to be sure, but yours is not only hostile but vulgar and confrontational as well. Good luck in the future but that one post has just lost you a customer.

Last edited:
Enough. Civility has left the room. Thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back