It's Official Southern Thunder 2008

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm...the 21st is my anniversary....I know what I want for my anniversary, honey!!!

Our bad, Thats what we have listed on the web page and we'll correct ASAP. I never bothered to check.:eek:

Have corrected 1st post as well.

Will be the 21st and 22nd.

Irv Schlenker

Am going to TRY and make it! Sounds like a lot of fun! But, unsure, have 2 other out of state events in May(NASCAR in Darlington, and NSL) which may suck out fundage..But am penciling it on the calendar as a definite possible maybe :)

I have not been since 2005, I guess 2008 is as good as any year to make a return...I'm there!

Johnnie

You can now mark your calenders, "SOUTHERN THUNDER 2008" dates are now set. June 21st and 22nd 2008.:D

Look forward to seeing you there.

Irv Schlenker

Hey Irv,
Where would I find more information about this event, we would like to be an attending vendor.

Dang. My wife gave a resolute "NOT on your life!!!" when presented with the idea of spending our wedding anniversary at ST...*sigh*

Mark, plan a trip to Nashville for your anniversary, there's plenty to do there. And, Manchester is just a short drive away if you happen to accidently get lost after accidently loading your rockets and equipment instead of your luggage :D

Mark, plan a trip to Nashville for your anniversary, there's plenty to do there. And, Manchester is just a short drive away if you happen to accidently get lost after accidently loading your rockets and equipment instead of your luggage :D

Good point...lol

I'll probably be attending.......especially since it's only 25 miles from where I live. :D

I'm definitely going to try and get there since I only live a little ways away and haven't seen any high powered launches in a while :(

If you don't show up I come and get you!!!!!!!!:lol:

Irv Schlenker

Hey Irv,
Where would I find more information about this event, we would like to be an attending vendor.

I dont know if Irv ever got back to you about being a vendor or not but Styme is one of our officers; Treasurer I believe... so he can probably fix you up with info on that.

YES I did send him a PM and told him all about ST2008. He had a great deal of interest and hoped he could work it into his budget and calender. Sure hope he can make it.

Irv Schlenker

Thanks Irv. Just checking. I would like as many people as possible there.
I cant wait for the '08 season to begin!

YES I did send him a PM and told him all about ST2008. He had a great deal of interest and hoped he could work it into his budget and calender. Sure hope he can make it.

Irv Schlenker

Oooppss...
Sorry for the slow reply, both Irv AND Styme contacted me about the event. As Irv said, sure hope we can make it.

Now that the Holidays are behind us, I like everyone to mark there calendars for SOUNTHERN THUNDER 2008. June 21st and 22nd.

See you all there!:D

Irv Schlenker

Now that the Holidays are behind us, I like everyone to mark there calendars for SOUNTHERN THUNDER 2008. June 21st and 22nd.

See you all there!:D

Irv Schlenker

Marked!!

...maybe I'll make it this year.

Johnnie

I can't find a website or anything pertinent for Southern Thunder 2008.

Who is the hosting club? If it is "MC2", there is no direct info on the site (or it is buried and not linked to in an obvious enough way such that I assumed it was non-existent)

Where is the event being held at?

Launch fees?

Pre-registration?

Local hotels?

Participating on-site vendors?

Thanks.

I can't find a website or anything pertinent for Southern Thunder 2008.

Who is the hosting club? If it is "MC2", there is no direct info on the site (or it is buried and not linked to in an obvious enough way such that I assumed it was non-existent)

Where is the event being held at?

Launch fees?

Pre-registration?

Local hotels?

Participating on-site vendors?

Thanks.

One step at a time, just mark your calendar for now...info will come!

Johnnie

I've wanted to go the past two years, but had to sit out both times. So, I'll give this year a maybe.

Question: are there any good camping facilities in the area?

I've wanted to go the past two years, but had to sit out both times. So, I'll give this year a maybe.

Question: are there any good camping facilities in the area?

There is a KOA close to the field. Click on the LODGING button for more info.

I stayed in one of the cabins at the KOA last summer during ST2007. I didn't like it since it cost the same as one of the local motels but didn't have any facilities and the cabin smelled musty and moldy.

The campground itself though was excellent, the folks that run it are great. The place is safe, well run and clean so if you want to use a tent or stay in a RV I highly recommend the place but stay away from the cabins.

Have a Great Day!!!

Andrew Grippo

I wonder if the National Sport Launch in O-burg the following weekend will affect the attendance this year. I want to attend both but I don't know if I can do it logistically and financially.

Last year ST seemed to be at about max. capacity. I don't know if that field can handle many more flyers. I know if the range could be setup so the banks of pads can be loaded while other banks are being flown pad capacity could be almost doubled.

We had a great time last year and I am going to volunteer to help out this year. Since last year it seemed like things were a little understaffed. :)

Back