It's finally here! TAYLOR SWIFT SUNDAY!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still trying to figure out how SF lost that game. :dontknow: Oh yeah, Kyle "I'll show everybody I'm smarter that my daddy" Shanahan. šŸ˜‰

Didn't really focus on Taylor, halftime, or commercials. Gettin' old I guess.

The only part I really didn't enjoy was Post Malone. He is difficult to look at, and just as difficult to listen to. The rest of the music was great and Alicia Keys is straight fire, I was perfectly happy to look at her ":^)

I kind of like the song ā€œCirclesā€. I went to look up a lyric I wasnā€™t hearing right, and when I saw his picture for the first time, it was not what I expected.

The public spectacle of the cute popular girl and the star football player is as American as it can be, as American as we USED to be, and a confirmation that we still can be. It's old school Americana writ large and loud and beautiful. She even chugged a beer on camera. I loved it.

A tall, beautiful, blond girl who is very pretty, but not overly sexualized, dating a talented football star? It must be a trick! Just like Disney, M&Ms, Bud Light, Mr. Potato Head, and books! Wake up sheeple! You must learn to hate everything you love!

Unless there's something else happening today that I haven't heard about?

But seriously everybody enjoy the spectacle no matter which part you actually enjoy.

Signed,
Opiate of the masses

Also signed,
Chicken wings
Thankfully, NFL is over for now and we don't have to put up with the TS stuff anymore. I've never been much of an NFL fan in the first place. And I'm neither a fan or hater of TS; I'm just tired of all this ridiculous press. But more thankfully, hockey is getting more exciting and is winding up higher prior to the playoffs and then later the CFL will kick back in.
I spent the day watching various movies instead of the SB, including Abram's Star Trek which I've always liked.

Thereā€™s an Asian market nearby that sells huge bags of frozen chicken feet. Can you imagine bringing a big tray of spicy chicken feet to a Super Bowl party?
YES, YES I CAN. Thankfully, Chinese New Year was on Saturday (actually it kicked off the start of a 10 day celebration of the lunar New Year).

I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan!! And I've never heard any of her music!

Some years ago she gave a big middle finger to Apple, demanded to get paid more for streaming and downloads, or else none of her music for them.. Apple blinked.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33220189

Also, she's inspired many young ladies to take up guitar.

And, she writes her own music. Most other female artists perform material written for them.

I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan!! And I've never heard any of her music!

Some years ago she gave a big middle finger to Apple, demanded to get paid more for streaming and downloads, or else none of her music for them.. Apple blinked.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-33220189

Also, she's inspired many young ladies to take up guitar.

And, she writes her own music. Most other female artists perform material written for them.
TS is incredible. Will have a longer career than TC and give about a billion more people entertainment. (but i think she may be on the high maintenance side).

I didn't see any of it. My wife and I watched a documentary instead and had pizza delivered.

Then I read some "History of the Franks" written around 580. People got excommunicated, tortured, exiled, etc. The usual 6th century stuff.

There is a new category of fame: "so famous you can't help knowing about them." I've never tried knowing anything about Taylor Swift, I've never (knowingly) heard any of her music, yet I seem to know a lot about her regardless. I'm not trying to learn anything about her. I can't help it. It's in my face every day. The three teenagers I've been able to ask in the last 6 months didn't seem to understand the hype, either.

True fame is unavoidable. Even for those trying to avoid it. I have nothing against her, but I also have little interest in her, like a lot of popular music.

I'll crawl back under my rock.

Thankfully, NFL is over for now and we don't have to put up with the TS stuff anymore. I've never been much of an NFL fan in the first place. And I'm neither a fan or hater of TS; I'm just tired of all this ridiculous press. But more thankfully, hockey is getting more exciting and is winding up higher prior to the playoffs and then later the CFL will kick back in....
Bad news; I just heard Ariana Grande is dating a Zamboni driver.

Just like Disney, M&Ms, Bud Light, Mr. Potato Head, and books! Wake up sheeple! You must learn to hate everything you love!
Hey, I still love 90's Disney. It's the Disney of the past 10-15 or so years that I can't stand. Maybe 20 years if I count that era in the early 00's when they kept making and releasing lame direct-to-video sequels of their classics.

I think most bands request this just to mess with the venue.
In the case of the Van Halen rider, the "no brown M&Ms" clause was a stroke of genius.

Along with all of the requests for booze, towels, food, and more are often some very specific and important technical requirements. Many of these technical requirements have safety implications. The M&Ms clause was a quick and easy way to see if the local venue had read the rider and complied with the requirements. If the M&Ms bowl was free of brown candies, chances were good that everything else in the rider was acceptable. If the bowl was missing, or contained brown candies, the entire rider probably needed to be reviewed to make sure that everything was available and safe for a quality performance.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/eddie-van-halen-brown-m-and-ms.html

In the case of the Van Halen rider, the "no brown M&Ms" clause was a stroke of genius.

Along with all of the requests for booze, towels, food, and more are often some very specific and important technical requirements. Many of these technical requirements have safety implications. The M&Ms clause was a quick and easy way to see if the local venue had read the rider and complied with the requirements. If the M&Ms bowl was free of brown candies, chances were good that everything else in the rider was acceptable. If the bowl was missing, or contained brown candies, the entire rider probably needed to be reviewed to make sure that everything was available and safe for a quality performance.

https://www.vulture.com/2020/10/eddie-van-halen-brown-m-and-ms.html
Exactly correct. Van Halen was one of the bands that ushered in the massive stage show concert. They had multiple truckloads of heavy gear for their shows and needed lots of power. A lot of venues couldn't easily handle the weight or electrical needs, so they dropped this clause in as a test.

Back