Idea: Estes pro series MAX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolRockets

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I had the idea hat Estes could do a limited Pro Series MAX with high power rockets and stuff.

That would be cool, but I just cant seem to see Estes ever getting into high power.

I think they learned their lesson with the PS II Nike Smoke and Mega Der Red Max.
Contracting Aerotech to make motors under the Estes name didn't go well when everyone realized they could buy the same motors from Aerotech, and cheaper to boot.

I think they learned their lesson with the PS II Nike Smoke and Mega Der Red Max.
Contracting Aerotech to make motors under the Estes name didn't go well when everyone realized they could buy the same motors from Aerotech, and cheaper to boot.

I'm still holding some hope their Energetics division allows them to get into high power motors....but, it's a tiny sliver of hope.

They’d have to find a way to get a significant leg-up on AeroTech, Apogee, U.S. Rockets, ASP, NCR, LOC Precision, Madcow…

After that, where is the profit motive in investing all that capital for a limited run? I’d assume it would be in an unrealistic price segment and the kits would be very slow sellers.

Funny side note: Apogee seems to think that the Mars Longship is a suitable match for CTI G150 motors. I think not…

IMG_9820.jpeg

https://www.apogeerockets.com/Model-Rocket-Kits/Skill-Level-3-Model-Rocket-Kits/Mars-LongShip

Not unless that Estes Energetics spin-off starts making retail HPR motors. Like DigBaddy said, the bulk of Estes's profit comes from their motors, not their kits.
I had always speculated that the Energetics division would be their route to composite motors. Not HPR, but F-G range motors to at least get some headroom on larger models.

Back