I sure do miss my Deuce.......

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carl Tulanko did a beautiful 38mm Deuce (the first upscale of that kit ever done) as well as a 38mm Tres (also a first). That Tres was 2-stage and simply BEAUTIFUL on smoky motors :)

I would love to see a build thread on a kit Tres modified for 2-stage. That would be a very rewarding project, to be sure!

Carl Tulanko did a beautiful 38mm Deuce (the first upscale of that kit ever done) as well as a 38mm Tres (also a first). That Tres was 2-stage and simply BEAUTIFUL on smoky motors :)

I would love to see a build thread on a kit Tres modified for 2-stage. That would be a very rewarding project, to be sure!

Looks like you have 2 customers that would buy a 29mm Deuce motor mount kit. Better get working Mr.Flis!

The nosecone is Sandman. its 3" in dia and I just upscaled it 2x for the fins and lengths of thing. (its not EXACTLY 2x but close enough for me)

Ben

P.S. did my Email to you go through? it was the jflis2 one.

H165's

IMG_4350.jpg

Ben

Now cut that out! I'm getting drool all over my keyboard! :eek:

Mark K.

Now cut that out! I'm getting drool all over my keyboard! :eek:

Mark K.

The new ones going to be built around Pro29 3 grain case with spacers.

Its about 1.5" shorter than the 29/240 so I can go from12 degrees to the stock 15 and seperate the flames a little better.

Ill post drawings of my stuff when I get them done so people can make their own.

Edit: im looking for the flight on H128s still

Ben

Found it!! As you can see this is before I got a sandman nosecone and added DD

DSC_0444.jpg

Ben

Looks like you have 2 customers that would buy a 29mm Deuce motor mount kit. Better get working Mr.Flis!

Make that 3! :D

Then I can jump up to a 54mm version..I think I know someone who has built one and am sure he would share the plans for the motor mount..:p

Make that 3! :D

Then I can jump up to a 54mm version..I think I know someone who has built one and am sure he would share the plans for the motor mount..:p

I'd be happy to share my construction methods too - I think my motor mount is a bit different from RocketJunkie's, but both are quite functional.

Last edited:
And sparkies too! Unfortunately our club website is down or I would point to a picture of Tom's Deuce going up on a pair of sparkies..Was way mega kewl! Both in sight and sound!:cool:

Ohhh...Found this video over in my Photobucket account..

Wow, that's spectacular. I like the H165's Ben. Red motors are great. :D

I've been meaning to build a big Tres for some time, but I haven't got around to it. How much does your big Tres weigh?
Its about 25 lb. Built from LOC and Totally Tubular paper tubes with Sandman nose and transition in balsa.

All right guys, who is going to buy me a new keyboard?!? :mad: :D

Mark K.

I am going to have to do a 29mm Duce for a night launch (my favorite activity). Dual skids at night would be awesome.

Now if only someone could do a commercial version in this size! I am sure it would be a great seller. It could even be promoted by giving away a prototype to generate interest. ;)

Last edited:
I am going to have to do a 29mm Duce for a night launch (my favorite activity). Dual skids at night would be awesome.

Now if only someone could do a commercial version in this size! I am sure it would be a great seller. It could even be promoted by giving away a prototype to generate interest. ;)

Ben and I were talking about being able to switch out the upper portion of mine for night launches. 3 inch clear tubing with EL wire on the inside would be spectacular. :D

First I have to build it though. :roll:

It would not even need any clear tube. At our last night launch, one of the rockets had 100 leds mounted directly thru the body tube. Another one had ultra brights mounted the same way but in a spiral pattern.
What did the completed 29mm duce weigh?

Back