I must build one…

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, where does one obtain a jet engine and windows from a 747 for one’s hobby project? You can’t just drive into the “boneyard” in he dead of the night, with several strong buddies, and put it the engine on a flatbed tow truck. Or can you?

So, where does one obtain a jet engine and windows from a 747 for one’s hobby project? You can’t just drive into the “boneyard” in he dead of the night, with several strong buddies, and put it the engine on a flatbed tow truck. Or can you?
There is no actual jet engine. It's just a nacelle with a mock-up intake and a smoke machine in the back.

There is no actual jet engine. It's just a nacelle with a mock-up intake and a smoke machine in the back.
So he bought the nacelle from the boneyard? Can any member of the public do that? Maybe as a pilot he got special permission from the airline when they retired the 747 from service?

I must email the fellow and ask.

I saw an internet video where a man had a working, running jet engine (a big one, from a commercial jet airplane) in his back yard. So I guess it IS posdible to obtain this stuff given enough money.

It is amazing what you can obtain given enough money. ;-)

Back