Hysol Applicator Gun

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
For Hysol users in Rocketry, which applicator gun are you using? Which Glue?

I am going to test some and want to get a gun to apply it.

1704169903374.png
I use the E-60HP in the 50ml cartridge. I have the 1:1 and 1:2 gun (same gun, swap plunger) from from McMaster Carr.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Titan II and RocketPro.

I have had excellent experience with Loctite Hysol 9462.

In the past I've purchased it from McMaster, Amazon, and R.S. Hughes.

I just found a 400ml cartridge for less than it would cost me to buy a 50ml of the E-20. It would cost me a car payment for a 400ml gun.

BigBong does not post a technical data sheet anywhere; use at your own risk. The best it does is to say you can use it for things you'd use epoxy for in the first place. Given the lack of information i'd skip.

BigBong does not post a technical data sheet anywhere; use at your own risk. The best it does is to say you can use it for things you'd use epoxy for in the first place. Given the lack of information i'd skip.
Don't need no stinking data sheet :p the 100 lb subwoofer drivers that my son makes is held together with this epoxy and the spider get glued to the landing of the basket, and the surround gets glued to the top of the basket, and all of that assembly moves back and forth 5 in of travel. anywhere from three cycles a second to 80 cycles per second. so there is massive amounts of thrust moving back and forth. Which would normally rip a spider and cone off of the basket, but there's been zero failures so far. We have real world proof of how strong the stuff is.

whatever. I'm looking at epoxy that will survive hypersonic on surface mounted fins. knowing what's up with the epoxy is critical

I agree, most applications you don't need that. In fact epoxy is often overused - such as with cardboard rockets, where even carpenter's glue is stronger then the cardboard you're adhering it to. Most fiberglass applications don't need such strong adhesives and even laminating epoxies such as west are sufficient.

Don't need no stinking data sheet :p the 100 lb subwoofer drivers that my son makes is held together with this epoxy and the spider get glued to the landing of the basket, and the surround gets glued to the top of the basket, and all of that assembly moves back and forth 5 in of travel. anywhere from three cycles a second to 80 cycles per second. so there is massive amounts of thrust moving back and forth. Which would normally rip a spider and cone off of the basket, but there's been zero failures so far. We have real world proof of how strong the stuff is.

Subwoffers don't fly 10000 feet over other people's cars and houses.

We have gotten off topic. The topic is applicator guns and not speakers.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back