How to get Aerotech motors fast

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effervescence

Reaction score
Our TARC team recently finished qual flights and are pretty confident that we will make the cut for nationals. We want to start test flying soon. Unfortunately, we ran out of motors and were going to place an order for the E28-7T motors on Apogee, where we usually shop. Unfortunately, Apogee is out of stock, so we tried going directly to the Aerotech website but it says that shipping will take 2-4 weeks and there is no information about whether they have stock. One of my friends had ordered F motors from there and the delays kept adding up, so it took more than 4 weeks for their motors to arrive. We were wondering if it was possible to get them quicker. Hobbylinc is selling them and shows that the motors are in stock, but I read a thread on this forum that said that it might still be backordered. Do you know of any other vendors that can reliably ship E28-7T motors quicker than 4 weeks, preferably sometime closer to mid-April? Thanks for the advice.

First... avoid Apogee like the plague. You are over-paying for both product and shipping. As stated above, check out Wildman, Sirius Rocketry, BuyRocketMotors, Chris' Rocket Supplies, Balsa Machining. All of them will get you your order in a few days if they have it in stock.

Also, if you call and explain the situation, they may be able to offer some options that best fit your situation and needs. I mainly deal with Wildman and Chris' Rocket Supplies, and both are very responsive and often go the extra mile where needed. I try not to pull the "need" card often so that I don't burn that bridge, though.

BMS (balsamachining.com) should be able to get them to you in a 2-3 working days. Those are NOT Hazmat motors, so you can get a bunch of them sent FedEx Ground, and BMS gives you 10% off in-stock motors too. I've received HPR motors in two days from them... NV to SoCal is a pretty direct route.

Hobbylinc also has them in stock, for a couple bucks less, and ships quickly.

https://www.hobbylinc.com/aerotech-...otor-3-e-reloadable-model-rocket-engine-52807
Hobbylinc will beat most anyone on price for what they carry (which is sometimes limited). I’ve bought several of the 24/40, 24/60 and 29/40-120 hardware sets. Fast shipping too with reasonable rates.

Wildman is also top notch (I ordered in the morning and had tracking numbers by lunch). BMS is also a great. Buyrocketmotors when they have stock (it has been sparse for months).

OK...they come in three packs. SO, you can get the Wildman Club for the cost of "ONE" three pack....

TBH I don't know if you can buy a single E28-7T so probably a moot point
Either way everyone should have a Wildman Club membership. I'm seriously afraid of the damage I'm going to do to my wallet this black Friday if he has the Composite Warehouse kits in full swing!

Either way everyone should have a Wildman Club membership. I'm seriously afraid of the damage I'm going to do to my wallet this black Friday if he has the Composite Warehouse kits in full swing!
All of the 2023 black friday stuff has been coming in over the past few weeks. Had to remind the significant other that it was already paid for :)

I'm hoping the dark star extreme hits the list this year!!!!

I got back into rocketry in Oct 2023 after a several decade absence. I heard about the wildmanclub and also wasn’t sure about joining and spending the money. If you’re spending any kind of money on rockets, the club will pay for itself very quickly. H motors are on average $5 cheaper with the club discount. Simple math on how many you have to buy till you’re money ahead.

Back