How many rockets does everyone have in their collection??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, north of #1000 unbuilt kits, around #125 built ones. I've about used up my shop space. Thinking of adding another shop and join them together...ugh!
All of the bagged kits and a few boxes are stored in Sterilite bins of 64-105qt sizes.
I'm up to 45 bins...
YES! Someone worse than me!!!!

IMG_2060.JPG

From L to R....

Madcow Aerobee Hi 3" (unstarted)
Madcow AGM 33 Pike 4" (in progress)
LOC Goblin 4" (need to finish clear coat)
Estes Ventris (not quite done with the finish but I could fly it)
Estes Argent (ready to fly-Go USA and Texas!)
Estes something or another that had 6 tubular fins and now has 3, plus it's shorter (learning curve....thanks for the organ donation...can you fly STABLE????...doubt it)
Estes something or another that now is gun metal gray with a yellow nose cone (learning curve)
Estes Sahara (started a long time ago, fin fillets done, paint needs finished, could be flown)
Estes RTF something or another that I camouflaged....(for the kids)
Estes Partizon (started, fins epoxied but no fillets, no primer...why did I buy this??? It was $22.50-good enough)
Estes HoJo with 29mm motor tube and printed fins (active project now) (1 kit of 2)
Estes V2 with 29mm motor mount (turned out that it was unstable until I added a longer body tube and 4 OZs of nose weight that "the juice aint worth the squeeze" STATUS: collecting dust)
Estes Bertha-the FIRST rocket I ever built! my "gateway" rocket!...hiding, red and yellow with red nose cone
Estes something or another that I left some fin pieces of of and added some length because I added a 29mm motor mount, the 2nd rocket that I ever built while building the above Ventris (learning curve)
Estes RTF something or another with a clear payload tube...(for the kids)
Aerotech Mustang (the first "serious" rocket I'd ever built, that thing...I LOVE IT!!!! can't wait to fly it!)
Estes RTF something or another (for the kids, skinny little thing leaning right)
Estes STM 012... OF COURSE with a 29mm motor mount (learning curve- ready to fly)

NOT IN PICTURE:
2nd Estes HoJo (still in unopened bag)
2 Estes Astron Explorers (in bag, one opened, one not)
So, total 21.....legal to have a beer! LOL
CHEERS!!!!!!

At latest count, which means as of today, my collection has grown by 8 this month.

I believe in stabilizing the economy and small businesses by ordering from our rocketry vendors.

Not included in those totals are the orders for various rocketry components, parts, and pieces.

My credit card is whimpering quietly under the bed but I CAN STILL SEE YOU!!

F4299CC9-7860-43CC-A26E-8DA800A997CD.jpeg

Between 12 and 18 in the 'to be repaired/salvaged for parts, a very rough guess would be 40 built, 10 being built/waiting for paint, and with recent purchases 24 or so in the build pile. I'm scared to actually count, but you have all inspired me.:goodjob:

View attachment 413452

From L to R....

Madcow Aerobee Hi 3" (unstarted)
Madcow AGM 33 Pike 4" (in progress)
LOC Goblin 4" (need to finish clear coat)
Estes Ventris (not quite done with the finish but I could fly it)
Estes Argent (ready to fly-Go USA and Texas!)
Estes something or another that had 6 tubular fins and now has 3, plus it's shorter (learning curve....thanks for the organ donation...can you fly STABLE????...doubt it)
Estes something or another that now is gun metal gray with a yellow nose cone (learning curve)
Estes Sahara (started a long time ago, fin fillets done, paint needs finished, could be flown)
Estes RTF something or another that I camouflaged....(for the kids)
Estes Partizon (started, fins epoxied but no fillets, no primer...why did I buy this??? It was $22.50-good enough)
Estes HoJo with 29mm motor tube and printed fins (active project now) (1 kit of 2)
Estes V2 with 29mm motor mount (turned out that it was unstable until I added a longer body tube and 4 OZs of nose weight that "the juice aint worth the squeeze" STATUS: collecting dust)
Estes Bertha-the FIRST rocket I ever built! my "gateway" rocket!...hiding, red and yellow with red nose cone
Estes something or another that I left some fin pieces of of and added some length because I added a 29mm motor mount, the 2nd rocket that I ever built while building the above Ventris (learning curve)
Estes RTF something or another with a clear payload tube...(for the kids)
Aerotech Mustang (the first "serious" rocket I'd ever built, that thing...I LOVE IT!!!! can't wait to fly it!)
Estes RTF something or another (for the kids, skinny little thing leaning right)
Estes STM 012... OF COURSE with a 29mm motor mount (learning curve- ready to fly)

NOT IN PICTURE:
2nd Estes HoJo (still in unopened bag)
2 Estes Astron Explorers (in bag, one opened, one not)
So, total 21.....legal to have a beer! LOL
CHEERS!!!!!!
My wife would kill me!

My wife owns 15 LPR/MPR rockets, 13 HPR rockets, including her Gizmo XL, which flies on a 98mm motor, and is her L3 rocket.
I have 17 LPR/MPR rockets, 25 HPR rockets, and we share two more that are too big to load on the launch pad alone.
Our build pile takes up a good portion of our front room. About 20 LPR/MPR kits in a box in the middle of this mess:

2020-04-26 Build pile.jpg

Sharon's HPR build list has 15 rockets on it, mostly with 54 mm MMT's, a couple 75's and three 38's.
My HPR build list has eight, but three are rebuilds/modifications of previously flown rockets.
We also have parts for an 8" fiberglass scratch build that has a 6" MMT. You can see the N/C and a couple of the body tubes in the window on the right.
In front of that is a 5" tube that I'm using to modify "Jughead" just to the left. It's a 5" Wildman Jart with a 75 mm MMT.
My wife would kill me if I told her I want to get out of this hobby. That's not gonna happen any time soon....

I have about 25 that I keep.
I like building but do not have unlimited room to store safel.
So I have some friends how do not like to build much but like to fly.
So I build and then sell it to them for the cash I have into the build.
Do not make any money, but it keeps me building

Attachments

• 6E3B1A9C-8A8E-4B81-A455-4804789B13AC.jpeg
    6E3B1A9C-8A8E-4B81-A455-4804789B13AC.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
  • B474C729-B106-4D6F-B4B9-43A3DC320228.jpeg
    B474C729-B106-4D6F-B4B9-43A3DC320228.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 489BA1E7-B843-4E2C-80F4-3B16B2DD9CA7.jpeg
    489BA1E7-B843-4E2C-80F4-3B16B2DD9CA7.jpeg
    206 KB · Views: 11
  • FA6AC532-DFA0-4113-8D09-EEA279A27B7D.jpeg