The hunt for Estes classic series rockets

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolRockets

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I’ve been looking at the Estes classic series recently and I have noticed quite a lot of them. I want to try to collect them all (rocket Pokémon lol), but I don’t know how many, or what rockets are in the collection. If anyone can help that will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

So all the models with this logo and chevron, right?
Estes Star Trooper | Rocket Streamer Recovery | AC Supply

I’m not sure if a separate list of these exist.

Here’s a screenshot from the 2010 catalog with the Classic Series kits, that’s the year according to the kit list maintained on Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe the #3031 Star Trooper debuted.

Attachments

• BEA68976-C15E-48E4-A414-A00F79CAF4FE.png
    BEA68976-C15E-48E4-A414-A00F79CAF4FE.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Here’s a screenshot from the 2010 catalog with the Classic Series kits, that’s the year according to the kit list maintained on Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe the #3031 Star Trooper debuted.
These are actually all the ones I remember under this label. I started typing out a list from the kits I have that I could remember, and then this. I don't see anything in my collection with that chevron that isn't already on this list. Dunno if that helps.

Kind of shocked to find that the only one I never built was the Twister. I know I got in on the sale at the end of the year and made out like a bandit.

Looks like a treasure hunt through the catalogs is your best bet @CoolRockets . Looks like a limited run of old Centuri models.

Last edited:
So all the models with this logo and chevron, right?
Estes Star Trooper | Rocket Streamer Recovery | AC Supply

I’m not sure if a separate list of these exist.
A pay raise was owed to whoever put "Over 7 inches tall!" on the face card. I would have gone with "Visible without a microscope!"

Made a brief attempt to locate the Centuri face card but couldn't find it.

I picked up a couple Estes Star Trooper kits for cheap, just to bash them into tiny Alphas with the ogive nose cone. The NC on the old Centuri kit is much closer to the long ogive cones in the Estes NC-5 kit.
https://estesrockets.com/products/nc-5-nose-cone-5-pkI didn’t realize the Star Trooper is actually a kind of interesting little rocket technically and historically. Now I’m planning to build the kits as Star Troopers with the longer NCs. No launch lugs, though. They’ll go up from the mini tower, and also look like a perfect candidate to try out piston launching.

And I’ll still have those ogive NCs around for something else. Maybe Alpha and Patriot…

Latest posts

Back