Hobby Lobby Clearance Items

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Garvin

Male Strumpet
Reaction score
Stopped by my local HL today....all Estes F & G motors were marked down 40% with Clearance tags. The lone Ventris they had was marked down with a clearance tag to $35.99. There were a few regular rocket kits marked down, but everything else was regular price.

Interesting....

Others have reported HLs not restocking the Pro Series II stuff. I checked the one nearest me last week and found no hooks for the kits (Ventris, Leviathan) but instead Magicians on three hooks where they used to be. The hooks for the motors were all still there, but F50-6s were hanging from three of them. There was also an F26. No clearance tags. Maybe I should go back and look again.

One of the other two Seattle area HLs I checked a few weeks ago had no Pro Series II stuff in evidence but wadding and igniters.

Our HL still has one Ventris and Leviathan, and a few F motors. The G's are gone, with a "D" on the tag... looks like the 40% off gravy train has left the station.

I was just in my local HL earlier today and they had a few packs of the Sonic igniters, a bag of the PSII wadding, an F26, an F50, a G80 and 2 Leviathan kits still at full price. But from what I could tell, they might have discontinued selling the PSII stuff as the slot for the Ventris and G40 has been empty for some time.

So far the only new rocket I saw was the Estes Freefall which I already have anyway.

I thought I heard that HL would be stocking some of the new E2X PSII kits and 29mm E16 and F15 BP motors so we'll see what happens.

Just checked mine today, no clearance and tags full, except for the G80. A number of F26, and F50, and some G40-7's plus a Ventris, and Leviathan.

Makes sense... there's probably a larger margin on them, especially the 29mm BP motors vs the AT rebrands.

I thought I heard that HL would be stocking some of the new E2X PSII kits and 29mm E16 and F15 BP motors so we'll see what happens.

I'm hoping that they're just changing inventory....maybe getting rid of some items and making room to carry some new stuff....we'll have to see....I sure don't want to lose the 40% "Gravy Train". My only other local options charge suggested retail or even higher. I want to support my local business but man...why pay $89 for an Initiator I can get online for $35 or less....

I was bummed at one HL...seeing an opened Leviathan...some douche had taken the nylon chute and retainer system....in the motors, there were several empty bags of F & G motors among them. It's that kind of crap that will cause a business to no longer carry the items. One of my HL's now locks up the motors with the spray paint, air brush kits, etc......

Here's to hoping they're just changing product....blowing out old stuff to make room for new....

Went into HL last week and all the motor slots were empty. Went back this week and they were all full again (E-G) but I did notice the only ProSeries kit they had was a Leviathon. They usually had 3-4, but there weren't any open slots?

My local HL stopped putting out the PSII motors over a year ago - a couple months ago they put up a sign that said they still carried them, and if you wanted some, ask an associate. I haven't bothered, but my guess is they'll order the motors if you want them, but they won't put them up so people can't use the 40% coupon on them. They still have a Leviathan and Ventris on the pegs at full price.

My local HL stopped putting out the PSII motors over a year ago - a couple months ago they put up a sign that said they still carried them, and if you wanted some, ask an associate. I haven't bothered, but my guess is they'll order the motors if you want them, but they won't put them up so people can't use the 40% coupon on them. They still have a Leviathan and Ventris on the pegs at full price.

Funny, I'd just assume they have them locked up somewhere due to theft and all you need to do is ask to get one. Since they don't keep inventory at the register they'll never know how many motors that have 40% off applied. I don't think that they care what you buy at 40% off just that you walk in and purchase something.

Stopped by my HL today.....no new rocket kit hooks, but all the F & G motor hooks are empty and labeled as E16.....

Last edited:
Our local HL reorganizes the rocketry section. Out is the Pro series Ventris and Leviathan and the F thru G SU's.I already got the G's. New tags show PS2 Ascender and Majestic kits coming in. Engines tags are E-15 0,6,8 delays and F16-8?or E16-8? Had the bulk boxes of engines and school bulk's of rockets on sale for less than 50%. Pro2 ignitors still at original price. new rocket noted Pink crayon and three pak wizards.

Last edited:
That should be E16 and F15.....

Our local HL reorganizes the rocketry section. Out is the Pro series Ventris and Leviathan and the F thru G SU's.I already got the G's. New tags show PS2 Ascender and Majestic kits coming in. Engines tags are E-15 0,6,8 delays and F16-8?or E16-8? Had the bulk boxes of engines and school bulk's of rockets on sale for less than 50%. Pro2 ignitors still at original price. new rocket noted Pink crayon and three pak wizards.

Was at my closest HL on Wednesday. Full MPR motor and ignitor / wadding etc. stock. One MPR kit on the hook (Ventris? Leviathan? I forget).

So, I'm now going to revise my post from earlier today. True, I was at HL on Wednesday and they had the Aerotech rebranded Estes Single Use APCP motors and so forth out.

I went to them today to kill some time, and they had done a complete shelf reset. All items moved to the opposite side of the aisle. No sign of any of the Aerotech rebranded motors. Hooks were present for the E16 / F15 black powder motors. No MPR kits but a hook/tag (empty) for the Majestic.

I searched around for any clearance SU engines or the kit that had been there days earlier; no luck. :confused2:

I guess HL has pulled the plug on the Aerotech rebranded motors.

Marc

So, I'm now going to revise my post from earlier today. True, I was at HL on Wednesday and they had the Aerotech rebranded Estes Single Use APCP motors and so forth out.

I went to them today to kill some time, and they had done a complete shelf reset. All items moved to the opposite side of the aisle. No sign of any of the Aerotech rebranded motors. Hooks were present for the E16 / F15 black powder motors. No MPR kits but a hook/tag (empty) for the Majestic.

I searched around for any clearance SU engines or the kit that had been there days earlier; no luck. :confused2:

I guess HL has pulled the plug on the Aerotech rebranded motors.

Marc

Ditto

This was my experience today as well.

Exactly the same, rockets and supplies moved to opposite side of aisle. No original PSII kits or motors to be had anywhere, not even in the clearance section and shelf tags for the new Ascender and Majestic PSII E2X kits and the E16 and F15 motors.

However it doesn't appear they will be stocking the Trajector which is the one that I'm mostly interested in. The other two, not so much.

I really can't wait to get some of the new F15-0 motors. I have some 29mm helicopter style oddrocs these would work great in.

HL in Avon Indiana still has engines, igniters and a couple kits.

I went yesterday to the one south of me, to pickup some D12-3's for the V2.....there were 3 composites on the hooks: F50, F26 and a G40....all three were $14.99 so I grabbed them. The hooks were tagged for E12's.....There was also 1 Ventris marked at $35.99....

I've been to three HLs near my house or work and haven't seen anything on clearance. Except for the QCC Explorer and Laser Lance that jumped off the rack and stuck to my hand.

I was really hoping to scare up a SU motor or two.

Back