Estes packaging anomaly?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjphoenix

Reaction score
I stopped by Hobby Lobby today to pick up a few motors. I grabbed some packages of B6-4 off the wall. I thought I should make sure all of the packages were the same so I spread them out. At first I noticed that this single package was priced less than the rest then I noticed that it contained 2 B motors and 1 A motor. I thought I had heard of packages that contained one A, one B and one C but this one was only marked B6 motors. I thought what the heck and went back to get this package too.IMG_5476r.jpg

Looks like inattentive repackaging by someone in that store. Sometimes these packages open spontaneously (glue between paper and plastic insufficient or some such). That it's stapled closed is a pretty good indication this is a post-Penrose repack.

H-L stores (or at least the stores I get to) are really sloppy about price changes and hanging new higher-priced stuff in front of older lower-priced stuff. I've taken advantage of that by checking behind the front package on more than one occasion....

Looks like inattentive repackaging by someone in that store. Sometimes these packages open spontaneously (glue between paper and plastic insufficient or some such). That it's stapled closed is a pretty good indication this is a post-Penrose repack.

H-L stores (or at least the stores I get to) are really sloppy about price changes and hanging new higher-priced stuff in front of older lower-priced stuff. I've taken advantage of that by checking behind the front package on more than one occasion....
Or, it could be a B6 motor packed into a casing with an A8-3 label. That might make it a more valuable collectable.

I suppose....but since it's clearly been opened and then reclosed with a stapler, I doubt it's anything a collector would look at. Heck, I could make a pack like that with motors and packaging I have on hand. Maybe I need to put it up on eBay.... :rolleyes: :)

HL employees don’t know (or care) enough about the rocketry section to put each package back together when that glue fails. Maybe if they had some barcodes to help them, I wouldn’t have been able to grab this beauty.1707690648627.jpeg

Latest posts

Back