Help! I Need Your Giant Leap TAC Drogue or 24" TAC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Reaction score
To make a long story short, I'm desperately looking for a black with purple shroud lines, Giant Leap TAC drogue or 24" chute. Mine was lost in the sugar cane fields a few months ago. I bought a replacement from Kent @ GL but it has yellow shroud lines and does not match my main, with no more available. I know its a bit silly but I wanted the drogue to match up with the main as well as the purple paint job on my new Talon.
I'm willing to buy it outright or trade you my brand new in plastic replacement drogue from GL. There should be at least a few hundred out there says Kent at GL so I'm hoping someone at TRF will step up and me help me out. Please, pretty please...:D

NOOOOO....this isn't at ALL silly! :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

My goodness...who HASN'T "desperately" agonized about having the correct color shrould lines for a drogue that one CANNOT EVEN SEE WITH BINOCULARS.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the funniest thing of all...I'm pretty sure my Tac 24" is black w/purple shrouds. BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Let the bidding begin at, say, $50.

Seriously...if it's the right color (I'll check tonite), I'd ship it to you as soon as an identical Tac 24" chute (not a drogue) arrives at my door along with a $5 bill for shipping.

I'll letcha know tonite/tomorrow if it is The One.

To make a long story short, I'm desperately looking for a black with purple shroud lines, Giant Leap TAC drogue or 24" chute. Mine was lost in the sugar cane fields a few months ago. I bought a replacement from Kent @ GL but it has yellow shroud lines and does not match my main, with no more available. I know its a bit silly but I wanted the drogue to match up with the main as well as the purple paint job on my new Talon.
I'm willing to buy it outright or trade you my brand new in plastic replacement drogue from GL. There should be at least a few hundred out there says Kent at GL so I'm hoping someone at TRF will step up and me help me out. Please, pretty please...:D

OK, OK I just knew I would catch heat for this post... Thanks for your reply Dean. I've got a brand new drogue so to keep it "simple" I'm looking for another drogue or someone willing to trade up for the drogue. Please let me know anyway what ya got. Now, back to painting my nails...

NOOOOO....this isn't at ALL silly! :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol:

My goodness...who HASN'T "desperately" agonized about having the correct color shrould lines for a drogue that one CANNOT EVEN SEE WITH BINOCULARS.

THE HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the funniest thing of all...I'm pretty sure my Tac 24" is black w/purple shrouds. BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!

Let the bidding begin at, say, $50.

Seriously...if it's the right color (I'll check tonite), I'd ship it to you as soon as an identical Tac 24" chute (not a drogue) arrives at my door along with a $5 bill for shipping.

I'll letcha know tonite/tomorrow if it is The One.

Not to butt in but why not jsut pay shipping to get it to him since he has to pay to get it to you. You both break even.

Ben

????

I HAVE a TAC 24. I don't need/want to change the color of the shroud lines. I'm OK with swapping for the identical chute, but I ain't gonna pay a dime outta pocket for the honor of helping Christopher Lowell with his problem.

He wants what I (think I) have. I'm not trying to make a dime on this, but I'm not going to lose money, either. Nor am I going to send it out before I know I"m getting the identical chute where the only difference is color (GL makes 24" drogues & 24" 'regular' chutes...mine's regular, I want the same in return). But this is probby moot, as it sounds like he has/wants the drogue, not the regular chute.

Not to butt in but why not jsut pay shipping to get it to him since he has to pay to get it to you. You both break even.

Ben

Back