Hawks Hobby?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulk

Reaction score
I'm looking for an MPR kit, and the hawks hobby upscales look nice, especially the trident. Anyone care to share their experiences with these? I don't see any reviews here or on EMRR. I'm fairly new to MPR (Snarky was my 1st), so good instructions are important. I'm also considering QModeling, RocketInABox, and PemTech. I'm partial to upscales and/or exotics. Thanks!

I have bought both QModeling and Hawks Hobby models.

I have yet to open the bags on any of these kits but the parts look to be nicely made.

As for other MPR kits to buy, I would recommend the AeroTech Initiator. ;)

Reputable company. I have seen their kits. They look to be high quality. Although since I haven't built them or used the instructions, my comment should be highly qualified.

They are one of our sponsors at our launch this weekend NTHP '06 North of Dallas, TX.

-Tim

I'm currently finishing up the "Super Snooper". All that is left to do are the decals. I've found all the parts to be top quality. Thick tubes, very nice balsa nosecones and laser cut balsa fins and light ply centering rings .

I took advantage of their NARAM sale a few weeks back and got it at a 10% discount. I received kit #48.

Hawks Hobby is a fairly new vendor, so product reviews in the EMRR for their kits should start appearing in the near future. Since they're "local" vendors where I live (Houston), I can't wait
to give some of their kits a try (Mars Snooper, Trident, etc). I
haven't met the owners personally (yet), but I've heard they're
very friendly to be around with.

Originally posted by paulk
I'm also considering QModeling, RocketInABox, and PemTech. I'm partial to upscales and/or exotics. Thanks!

I have only made one model from QModeling (Stiletto) and it was really a great build! A really well made kit, all top quality parts and very interesting construction. Mags won the kit at NERRF2, but we have a couple more on our wish list!! From my experience (limited as it is) they really give you quality for your $$.

Tom & Mags:D :D

I bought one of their upscaled Sprites. The kit looks nice. I haven't opened it yet...

I just submitted a review on the Super Snooper to EMRR. Generally good review, though I found a few issues with the directions. Mine was kit #11, about a year old, so if #48 was fine then maybe they've since been improved.

Excellent parts/materials, fairly well designed kit. It doesn't look like you get good value for the money, but when you open the bag, put your hands on the parts, it starts to make sense.

Personally, I really like the Snooper but would have preferred the Trident. I just got a deal on the Snooper via Ebay at about $10 off.

Back