GSSS Launch pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lugnut

Reaction score
Had a pretty good launch day today at the GSSS Launch in NJ, I tried to take more pics this time, so here's what I got. Nice to see Glenn and Fred again and meet some of the other TRFers, so feel free to add captions...

Here's my ill fated Semroc R-2 which I launched on a C6, I either had a rod whip or it didn't stabilize enough for the C (I usually fly it on a B), it cane off went horizontal, and imbedded itself into the ground at a 15' angle, the top 60% of it is totaled. Bummer, I loved that rocket

Forget what this was (snark?) Fly nice off the high power pad

This was Glenns vintage rocket (Explorer?) Nice flight, perfect landing

A really tall large 3xD18 cluster rocket that flew pretty **** high and a lot of noise. We all enjoyed it :)

An Executioner which flew very nice. I have to get me one of those. Nice slow liftoff, on an E I think

Another one, on the HP pad, nice paint job. This might be one I have the unidentified recovery picture off.

recovery picture of that Snark pictured earlier (if thats what it was)

This was an LOC rocket (name escapes me) that looked like a Jayhawk. Took off flew to the left, and very high, and unfortunately, landed across the field and high in a tree, above the reach of our 50' pole. Shame, was a very nice rocket.

Tough to see the rocket, just looks like a disembodied flame.

Nice rack picture, otherwise known as I pressed the shutter too soon.

A nice V-2 in White Sands livery under power. another one for my wish list.

Nice pictures nice day.
"Need help on this one"
Canadian Black Brant Sounding rocket
Cheers
fred

Originally posted by Lugnut
A really tall large 3xD18 cluster rocket that flew pretty **** high and a lot of noise. We all enjoyed it :)

That's my richter recker on 3 D12's :)

getting beat up but will live to fly another day

Great pics, Lugnut! And yes that was my LTV Scout in action. Also finally got a good launch of my Space Shuttle, the orbiter doesn't fly great but at least didn't crash this time! I got to launch about 8 rockets. All in all a great flying day and was great meeting phil125 and flyer98. Oh and FredT was there too, so that's at least 5 of us TRFers that were there, not too shabby!

Glenn

Back