Florence SC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Soto

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi... just gonna throw this out there. I'm looking for someone to collaborate / build / mentee with here in Florence. i'm just getting back into hpr.. i'm new to SC.. but not new to hpr. i was a rocketeer in the mid 80's in CA, and flew at Lucerne Lake monthly. Mostly designed and flew multi-stage vehicles (H to G's) using both electric and 'fuse' for ignition (electric for booster, fuse for sustainer).. wild times..! and all without a simulator.

Looking to get L1 certified and start backup where i left off. i have a few ideas on what i'd like to do, but i need to gain experience with electronics first.

about me: two lives, first life: vietnam vet, and a network engineer for citibank for 20+ years, married with one son. second life: moved to TX, remarried, became an RRC, and worked as a waterproofing consultant for architecture engineering company traveling throughout the US (15+ years). I'm retired now. mostly i'm a informational sponge, so i read alot... which i have been doing for the past month doing my research. this said with all the reading and research i'm sure i'll have questions but probably not that many..

i'm looking forward to meeting everyone..

ron

Last edited:
Welcome back! I know there is a bunch of rocketeers down throughout SC, and there are also a handful of us up near and around Charlotte, and the triangle. Hope to see you at the field one day, and hear some of the stories from your past rocketry experience!

Welcome back to the hobby Ron! I'm kind of in the same boat coming back to the hobby after several years. Dalzell field and the SC group are a great field and great bunch of folks. A few things I noticed that had changed when I came back to the hobby are that the electronics are much better and it is a lot easier to fly experimental motors now then it used to which is good as the price of motors has gone up a lot. I believe there is a launch coming up in a couple of weeks I'll be there punching holes in the sky with my big IRIS. I attached the SC launch schedule below!

Attachments

• SC Launch Schedule.png
    SC Launch Schedule.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 0
Hi... just gonna throw this out there. I'm looking for someone to collaborate / build / mentee with here in Florence. i'm just getting back into hpr.. i'm new to SC.. but not new to hpr. i was a rocketeer in the mid 80's in CA, and flew at Lucerne Lake monthly. Mostly designed and flew multi-stage vehicles (H to G's) using both electric and 'fuse' for ignition (electric for booster, fuse for sustainer).. wild times..! and all without a simulator.

Looking to get L1 certified and start backup where i left off. i have a few ideas on what i'd like to do, but i need to gain experience with electronics first.

about me: two lives, first life: vietnam vet, and a network engineer for citibank for 20+ years, married with one son. second life: moved to TX, remarried, became an RRC, and worked as a waterproofing consultant for architecture engineering company traveling throughout the US (15+ years). I'm retired now. mostly i'm a informational sponge, so i read alot... which i have been doing for the past month doing my research. this said with all the reading and research i'm sure i'll have questions but probably not that many..

i'm looking forward to meeting everyone..

ron
You are welcome to fly with us and if you come to a launch, your first day fo flight fees are on me.

Back