Hello from Kansas!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris W

Reaction score
Hey there, I'm an Aerospace Engineering graduate student at the University of Kansas.

Finally got around to making an account here after lurking and learning a bit over the past few years as I got into HPR (thanks to local rocket enthusiasts as well as the folks with KLOUDBusters). I finally got up to my level 2 cert with NAR this past Spring with dual membership in TRA, hoping to get confirmation on Tripoli honoring NAR level 2 so I can start tinkering with research motors. I also hope to work on getting some multi-stage rockets and maybe some 3D-printed rockets as I work on avionics/electronics and 3D printing skills. I've at least gotta say my thanks to the threads on here for helping me get to where I am now, as there's definitely a difference between just learning theoretical aspects of rocketry and actually trying to apply them while learning from those who came before you. Here's hoping I can help inspire more students to try out the hobby, and maybe even get to the level of collegiate team rocketry competitions.

I look forward to reading and learning more as I really dive into the deep end of the hobby here!

Hello! Thanks for hopping onboard.

Have you got any projects in development?
I'm hoping to get a team of students together for the Argonia Cup, it'd be a great learning experience for the lot of us. Beyond that I gotta play it slowly for non-research related projects since I'm both a student and a researcher.

Hmm... I dunno about this guy... from the looks of him he's "Aiming to Misbehave"... ;)

Welcome aboard... And please give my regards to the Shepherd.

Last edited:
Hmm... I dunno about this guy... from the looks of him he's "Aiming to Misbehave"... ;)

Welcome aboard... And please give my regards to the Sheppard.
I'd advise against tight pants in the Kansas heat too!
Welcome Chris!

Back