FlisKits Triskelion availability

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prowlerguy

Reaction score
I will be attending a BSA Camporee this weekend, and I promised several Scoutmasters info on rocket sources. I really want to recommend the Triskelion, but they are currently out of stock. Jim, what is your expected availability for this kit? Alternatively, are there any resellers out there who have them in stock?

I was informed that the material we have ordered has been shipped and I expect it this weekend. That being said, I could have them back in stock as early as Tuesday (keep watch!)

They would get into stock earlier, but I will be flying with CMASS all day tomorrow then on to Cherryfield Maine for sunday (5.5 hour drive) and won't be back till Monday.

Sorry for the length of time these have been out of stock. They sold a *lot* faster than we had anticipated and then we ran into several schedule glitches that are just now clearing up...

jim

GOOD NEWS!

The Triskelion kit is back in stock!

Whew! man, these past 2 weeks have been a killer!

Slowly but surely we are getting a handle on our inventory. This year, with all the shows we attended really hammered our inventory. We're still playing "catch up", but expect to be in good shape by the end of the year :)

jim

Based on your previous reply, I recommended it to the Scoutmaster who asked. I figured by the time he did it, you would be back in business. I also steered someone to the Midnight Express because his son needed 50 models for science fair project (don't ask, it is insane).

well, that kit has exceeded all expectations. We initially built up 100 (typical for a kit announcement). They went in 2 days. We now have 150 in stock (most as retail kits, some as bulk pack kits) with 100 more on order so... (hope they last! LOL)

Jim ,
forgive my off the wall question
I always wondered how someone ships,, say ,,, 50 kits a day
I wouldn't know how to do that ,, is there a special process to it .. surely you couldn't stand in line with 50 packages going all over the country. or do you have them picked up?

basically, how do you keep up with all the orders and still keep such a high level of service? it can't be easy and I've always wondered about that.

Well, it *isn't* easy, I can tell you that. In fact, it's one of the hardest parts of this job/business because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with rocketry... :p

I use to make a point of going to the post office every day, as needed, to ship orders. I have become so busy that I can no longer do that. Right now, Mondays and Wednesdays (and occational sat/sun) are reserved for kitting kits, accessories and parts, so nothing ships on those days (for the most part). When you ship a lot of orders, that means that your inventory gets low quick and you have to replenish frequently...

So I plan my shipping on Tue, Thur & Fri. If I have a large number of orders, I will occationally write up the letters and address lables the night before and get them packaged up early am for delivery to the P.O in the afternoon.

If I'm really swamped, I leave the letters and such with Kathy and Jen for them to pack up. (it's a real family thing :) )

And, yes, I do stand in line with up to 50 packages... They all know me up there. After shipping everything, they all say "see you tomorrow" :) You should see it when I have 30+ packages and 5 of them are retailer orders... oh man! LOL Not to mention the numerous international orders and all the custom forms and such. It is an interesting logistical problem, that's for sure.

About a week ago I was told that the Post Master General wanted to see me... ...I didn't know *what* was up. Turns out she just wanted to meet me because I push a **lot** of packages over her counter (probably well over $10,000 in postage this year)

I now have a pitney bows setup, though I haven't hooked it up yet. This will allow me to meter my own packages and arrange pickup with my carrier to save time.

And, yes, i have lost sleep worrying about a package or order that I feel I didn't satisfy in a timely manner. I have set very high standards for our company and am proud to say that more than 2 years later I haven't waivered on them at all. :)

well, that's the short version anyway :) Hope it helps answer your question...

jim

Back