Returning to the Hobby.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcmunro

Reaction score
After a couple of decades, I've decided to return to the hobby mainly because of the grand kids ! I have several Estes rockets on display in the man cave and they want to see them fly, (of course). Currently I'm working on a custom Launch Controller and inspecting all my old rockets with repairs and upgrades in mind. The crown jewel of my collection is a still boxed Estes 2001 Saturn V that I'm planning on starting soon. Still gathering info for possible mods to the stock kit.

I think that's one that still has the vacu-form fins.

I recommend these if that's the case.
https://estesrockets.com/product/073156-saturn-v-plastic-fins/
I also recommend an aerotech E30-4T to fly it on. Estes Saturn V's are heavy and want more thrust than Estes BP motors can provide.

Also, welcome to the forum, and a build thread for a Saturn V would be a great first thread.

Welcome! +1 on bigger motor - there's lots of videos showing powered nose dive into the ground on recommended motor!

Enjoy those grandkids - they grow up and loose interest far too quickly!

My entry to this was an Alpha III built together with my grandpa in his garage. He’s long gone but I’m not.

Welcome back! Good luck with the kiddos

Back