Fliskits Morning Star

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spent some time tramping around looking for the rocket. Several times I was fooled by flashes of yellow that turned out to be flowers. I finally found it sitting on a bald spot.

No damage.

I'd like to try this one on a B with an adapter.

MS-f1j.jpg

Very nice :) I haven't flown mine in a while either. Need to get it out (maybe for this weekend's launch) and get it into the air :)

The Morning Star came out to celebrate my birthday. It was way too windy but I was not about to pass up a launch window after such a long dry spell. I loaded a C11-3 to make sure I got it back.

MS-f1a.jpg

As usual, it was too quick off the pad to follow.

MS-f1b.jpg

I'm glad I used a C instead of a D because it looked like it was going to land across the security fence.

MS-f1c.jpg

I was lucky, though, and it came down just short of the fence.

MS-f1d.jpg

Later in the day, my nephew came out and he wanted to see the Morning Star. This time I decided to try a C11-7 in the hope that it would come down closer.

MS-f2a.jpg

MS-f2b.jpg

Glad you missed the fence. Was your birthday today John? If it was all the best pal:)
Cheers
Fred

It was yesterday but it was a good one. Thanks.

Stay tuned for the Rest of the Story.:eek:

The launch was nice but this time I managed to catch it.

The wind, which had been dying down with the end of the day, decided to pick up significantly after the launch button was pushed. It drifted across the fence.

Alamo Fireworks has always been nice about letting me in on Mondays to look for lost rockets. They did so today as well and I had no trouble finding my Morning Star. The problem is that a forklift found it first.

MS-f2e.jpg

MS-f2f.jpg

MS-f2g.jpg

MS-f2h.jpg

OUCH!

Man, them darned fork lifts...

But, a little spackle,some epoxy and she'll be good as new, eh??

man...

Wow, I've never seen a transformers rocket!

Much less one that transforms from a Morning Star to a Flat Cat!!

G.D.

OUCH!

Man, them darned fork lifts...

But, a little spackle,some epoxy and she'll be good as new, eh??

man...

I actually thought about it for a short time jsut to see if I could.

It reminded me of a parody from Yachting magazine back in the mid 80s where a guy "restores" an old historic sloop. I think he started out with spoke from the wheel and rebuilt the entire rest of the vessel from there. Nothing was original except the spoke.

About the only salvageable piece left of this one is the chute and maybe a launch lug if I trim it down.

I actually thought about it for a short time jsut to see if I could.

It reminded me of a parody from Yachting magazine back in the mid 80s where a guy "restores" an old historic sloop. I think he started out with spoke from the wheel and rebuilt the entire rest of the vessel from there. Nothing was original except the spoke.

About the only salvageable piece left of this one is the chute and maybe a launch lug if I trim it down.

Well? There ya go!

Let the "rebuild" begin! :D

Latest posts

Back