FlisKits: Freedom Forge Missile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
It is with great excitement that FlisKits announces the Freedom Forge Missile, now available for Pre-Orders on our web site!

This kit is the 2003 Design of the Year winner by Daren Humphries, and the kit release is dedicated to Daren for his fine job on this design.

While only available for pre-order on our web site, all indications are that we will have kits AVAILABLE for sale at NSL where we will do our formal announcement of this "first in history" kit.

"First in hisotry"? Yep. To my knowlege, there has never been a model rocket contest where one of the perks of winning that contest was to have your design manufactured! Sure, many designs sent in to design contests eventually made it into production, but not *this* way! :)

We should be shipping orders of this kit near the end of the second week of June (shortly after we return from NSL and have a chance to get ourselves back together again after a long trip.

NOTE: Being a pre-order item, please keep the following in mind:

- Ship dates are only estimates as we are at the mercy of our vendors
- If your order contains a pre-order item, the entire order will be held pending the shipment of the pre-order item. If you wish to have the shipment broken up, there will be additional shipping charges
- the OverDue promotional kit offer does not apply to orders containing a pre-order item.

(From our ORDERS page at: https://fliskits.com/ordering/01ordering_fs.htm

Congratulations to Daren! :D

It finally hit me what the Freedom Forge Missle reminds me of: The Estes Airborne Surveillance Missle.

freedom_forge.jpg
est0867@.gif

;)

I believe it was the composer Igor Stravinsky who once said:

"Good composers borrow; great composers steal."

The FlisKits FFM is still a fantastic looking kit!

Originally posted by lalligood
I believe it was the composer Igor Stravinsky who once said:

"Good composers borrow; great composers steal."

The FlisKits FFM is still a fantastic looking kit!

No question about it, Lance!

This one had just been bugging me for a while - one of those things where you "know" something, but can't quite put your finger on it.

That rocket was the first thing I though of when I first saw the FFM, since I had the kit. Then I was at Jim's House (its great living in NH :D. Half way between Fliskits and AMW :D). He showd me the prototype... and I said... That Things HUGE!!! I was expecting something like the Estes kit :)

Yea, That was brought to my attention shortly after we released. No concern because it is different *enough* to not really be a bother. The FFM is much larger, 3 fin, and different ratios.

But it is erie, isn't it? :)

Back