FlisKits: 5 new Micro to the MAXX kits available NOW SHIPPING!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflis

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FlisKits is proud to announce our newest batch of micro models!

Included in this selection is...

Our newest scale model, the Mighty Saturn V
Our first multi-staged model, Doubles
Our shortest rocket, Traffic Cones (you get TWO in each package!)
As well as two exciting down-scales, the Plum Island Sound (Nantucket Sound) and the Eagle Eye (Drake)

These kits are now available for PRE-Order! We expect (hope) to begin shipping early next week, depending on when the custom parts arrive. We will keep folks posted!

Visit our web site for full product descriptions!

The image below is from our main page and shows a graphic of all 5 new kits.

Enjoy!

image-3353424628.jpg

WHOOPS! Forgot something!

10% discount if you purchase all 5 of the new micro kits! Details on the micro KITS page.

Have fun! :)

Do MMX rockets stage like conventional BP motors?

-Kevin

Yes but with more excitement. The MicroMaxx boosters are really NE (no ejection) not 0 delay. Quest makes them by removing the ejection charge. There's a 1 second delay between burnout and 2nd stage ignition that seems like an eternity.

WHat Bill said :) though If you look at the data sheets, it is actually more like 0.7 seconds.

Also, while we have a wealth of data telling us that this works reliably (eg: using an NE motor as a booster), there isn't enough for Quest Aerospace to list this as a "recommended use" of the motor. Therefore, such use is a suggestion, per our instructions and we emphasize that this is not a recommended use per the manufacturer...

Fwiw... :)

I'm turning off the TV for awhile and will try to look at something else for awhile in order to give my mind a little rest...

...OK

The question of using them as booster motors has come up from time to time ever since Quest came out with the MMX-NE motors. The usual answer was "yes, in well-designed rockets." With FlisKits, the "well-designed" part is covered. I am really looking forward to getting all five new kits, especially the Double.

That's an interesting and ingenious solution to the stability problem inherent in a micro-sized Saturn V.

Traffic cones, huh? Oh no you didn't...! :eek:

Plum Island sound looks awesome, as does the Eagle Eye.

There are an incredible number of kits out now for 1/8A/micro rockets. Amazing...

Eagle Eye - very cool but what can we use in place of quarters in the holes in the fins?

Somewhere in my coin collection is a British-Ceylonese quarter-farthing, very thin and slightly larger than a shirt collar button (13mm). Or if that's too big, you could try three of the Panama "Pill" (2.5 centisimo coin, 10mm in diameter). But at 1.25g each, it might bee too heavy. Another possibility would be the US trime (three cent coin), which was larger (14mm) but very light in weight (0.8g each).

Eagle Eye - very cool but what can we use in place of quarters in the holes in the fins?

Somewhere in my coin collection is a British-Ceylonese quarter-farthing, very thin and slightly larger than a shirt collar button (13mm). Or if that's too big, you could try three of the Panama "Pill" (2.5 centisimo coin, 10mm in diameter). But at 1.25g each, it might bee too heavy. Another possibility would be the US trime (three cent coin), which was larger (14mm) but very light in weight (0.8g each).

Fred Schecter?

How did you hijack Mark II's ID?

Well, we did this with decals for the micro version :)

Also, AN UPDATE!

Custom parts have shipped and we hope to have them today. If that happens we will begin shipping the new kits tomorrow (Tuesday), in time for Christmas! :)

I will keep folks posted!

Back