FlightSketch electronics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Rory Gin

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Has anybody heard from FlightSketch? Are they actually going to get parts to build any more altimeters or any of their prototype versions? Its been 2 years at least since I first added my name to the "Stock Alert".

I have not heard from Russ since he went to great trouble to get a few FS Comps to us (by sending them to me) at NARAM last August. At that time he said he had 500 Minis and 500 Comps (well less the 10 of one and three of the other he sent to Lordsburg).

According to his member profile he was last on here in March: https://www.rocketryforum.com/members/gtg738w.28807/

I just hope that whatever has taken his attention away from us is not some catastrophe in his day job and/or personal life.

The store is still running, it seems. I got four more cells for FS Comps a few weeks ago, but there was nothing outside the normal communication needed to fulfill the order.

Here's hoping someone — especially someone local to him — has something more positive. I'm at least as far from him as you are.

I've not seen him at CATO recently. One of the guys said they had talked to him and he was super busy, though.

Last year I reached out about a Flightsketch that no longer works, but never heard back.

Funniest thing is that this weekend I was having lunch at a Japanese restaurant in NY and they had a Connecticut news channel on and my wife said "look, they're launching rockets!" I couldn't hear it, but suddenly they showed a Flightsketch store! Maybe an old story that was rerun?

I placed an order for a Loc bay on his site last week or so, but haven't gotten any shipping notice nor package.

Last edited:
Last year I reached out about a Flightsketch that no longer works, but never heard back.

Funniest thing is that this weekend I was having lunch at a Japanese restaurant and they had a Connecticut news channel on and my wife said "look, they're launching rockets!" I couldn't hear it, but suddenly they showed a Flightsketch store! Maybe an old story that was rerun?

I placed an order for a Loc bay on his site last week or so, but haven't gotten any shipping notice nor package.
interesting none the less.

I had one of my rockets take an extended dip in a water channel last week. My FS Mini is no longer working so I checked out his website to see if anything was available. The only thing I noticed was that the price tag had increased from $30 to $40 but still not available.

I have not heard from Russ since he went to great trouble to get a few FS Comps to us (by sending them to me) at NARAM last August. At that time he said he had 500 Minis and 500 Comps (well less the 10 of one and three of the other he sent to Lordsburg).

According to his member profile he was last on here in March: https://www.rocketryforum.com/members/gtg738w.28807/

I just hope that whatever has taken his attention away from us is not some catastrophe in his day job and/or personal life.

The store is still running, it seems. I got four more cells for FS Comps a few weeks ago, but there was nothing outside the normal communication needed to fulfill the order.

Here's hoping someone — especially someone local to him — has something more positive. I'm at least as far from him as you are.
That's a goodly number to hear about. Hope to see these available soon.

I should clarify that he said he had the hardware in from the build house. They needed checked and firmware installed. He did the 10 Comps and three Minis then sent them. I do not know the status of the rest of them.

The sport was a very exciting project. I don’t think it ever materialized.

Back