Featherweight Tracker App

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How does one get the app for featherweight trackers? I've looked all over the app store but can't find it?

Currently, we need to send you an email invitation which will allow you to download it to your phone. Sorry, I sometimes forget to send the invite in response to an order. In the next release there will be a public link that anyone can download.

Hi Adrian,

How do I see which version of the app I have, can’t find it anywhere in the app. Does it upgrade automatically or do you have to opt for it like other apps? Also, does the new firmware get sent to the rocket tracker automatically or is that something I need to do?

Thanks,

Richard

If you open TestFlight, it should tell you which build you’re using. Current build is 50.

Just updated last night. Good thing I did that the night before the launch. I plan to test it today; I’ll report any issues.

@timbucktoo. I don’t see 50 builds. I appear to be running version 1.0 (87) —whatever that means.
IMG_2302.jpg

Just updated last night. Good thing I did that the night before the launch. I plan to test it today; I’ll report any issues.

@timbucktoo. I don’t see 50 builds. I appear to be running version 1.0 (87) —whatever that means.
View attachment 382630

As for the build number, I have to increment it anytime I upload a build to the App Store - regardless of whether the build# ever goes to the users. And in test flight, the builds also expire after 90 days - or I can 'self expire' a build (if I determine there was an issue and I don't want that build being used). Or I can upload a build and only give access to Adrian and myself (or a few users) for testing. Net result is the build# gets inflated - but it does correspond to a particular compilation / feature set of both the iPhone and firmware and once uploaded, that build is frozen.

We appreciate any feedback! Feel free to PM me/us with any issues! I'm interested in how the over the air firmware updates are going as they are one of the trickier things we had to implement. I'm also interested in the voice stuff as I only got to try it a couple weekends ago and had other COMM issues (fixed in this build) that made it 'less than my desired result'.

I'm hoping TRAPHX flies again next weekend (if it's not too hot) so I can try it out again as well!

Since this thread is revived, let me point out that the answer to the original question has changed. You no longer need to wait for us to send you an invitation, anyone can download the app by getting the TestFlight app and then following this link:

https://testflight.apple.com/join/InpJx5lw

This link can also be found on the product page in the website and also in the users manual.

Back