Blue Raven Help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgarbus

Reaction score
Hey all.

I just received a brand new blue raven and for the life of me, can't connect via the Bluetooth android app.

I can connect immediately to the tracker but not the altimeter.

Tried USB too but can't get the program to function either. I know I have a good USB cable sine I use it to load data into some microcontroller projects.

I have an email into support but you know how it is when you have a new toy.

@jgarbus --

Does the Blue Raven show up in your Blue Raven Android App under the [Devices] dialog ?
Screenshot_20240107_062204.jpg
If it does but you're unable to connect then I've had to 'Force Stop' my Android Blue Raven App in the Android Apps dialog from time to time to make a connection ...

If it does not show then does the Blue Raven show in your Android Connected Devices ; Blue Tooth ( at the bottom of the Connected Devices Dialog ) ?
Screenshot_20240107_063224_Settings.jpg
I've not had to do any more than that to hook it up but I don't have an FW GPS ( yet )...

HTH

-- kjh

@jgarbus --

Does the Blue Raven show up in your Blue Raven Android App under the [Devices] dialog ?
View attachment 623209
If it does but you're unable to connect then I've had to 'Force Stop' my Android Blue Raven App in the Android Apps dialog from time to time to make a connection ...

If it does not show then does the Blue Raven show in your Android Connected Devices ; Blue Tooth ( at the bottom of the Connected Devices Dialog ) ?
View attachment 623212
I've not had to do any more than that to hook it up but I don't have an FW GPS ( yet )...

HTH

-- kjh
No, I don't even see it in mt Bluetooth available devices list. Right at power up the blue LED is blinking pretty fast

Hey all.

I just received a brand new blue raven and for the life of me, can't connect via the Bluetooth android app.

I can connect immediately to the tracker but not the altimeter.

Tried USB too but can't get the program to function either. I know I have a good USB cable sine I use it to load data into some microcontroller projects.

I have an email into support but you know how it is when you have a new toy.
I have literally spent the last hour with mine I just opended with the same problem. Will not show up in my bluetooth. @Adrian A

Mine came in Friday, same issue. The tracking system connection was immediate but the BR, nu bueno
I just have the Raven. We will see. I have a Pixel 7 Phone, hope its not a phone issue.

I just have the Raven. We will see. I have a Pixel 7 Phone, hope its not a phone issue.
I am on a Galaxy S23+

Also tried the beta software vs what's on the Play store. The beta seems a little off with the tracker so I rolled back.

No, I don't even see it in mt Bluetooth available devices list. Right at power up the blue LED is blinking pretty fast

I have literally spent the last hour with mine I just opended with the same problem. Will not show up in my bluetooth. @Adrian A

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. What are the serial numbers?

I have learned of 4 units so far that were manufactured at around the same time that have the same symptom. I am getting the first one to check out on Wednesday and then I'll know more about what the problem was. I'll likely do an exchange for the affected units.

My apologies to those affected. I do a lot of automated testing and calibration of each unit, but I'm sorry to say that this functionality was not covered by my previous test plan. I'm updating my test procedures to make sure this doesn't happen again.

None of the Blue Ravens in my inventory right now have this problem.

Back