"Featherweight UI" now released on Google Play and Apple's App Store

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian A

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The app is called "Featherweight UI" but it comes up when you just search on "Featherweight". Currently it's build 200, with just Blue Raven functionality. We are actively working on adding the Featherweight GPS Tracker to the app.

As we do updates I'll probably release some updates through TestFlight and Firebase before pushing them to the store, since the process, particularly for iOS, is pretty arduous. Build 201 addresses the issue of already-downloaded Blue Raven flights getting re-downloaded and I'll release that after some more testing.

Thanks for everyone's patience because this has been a long time in coming.

Adrian --

I've already installed version 200 on my Android + Blue Raven.

So if I am reading correctly, I should wait for the version 201 announcement before trying the Featherweight UI App ?

I installed version 200 last Thursday eve after I received an email notification from [email protected] -- everything 'just worked'.

I was planning on posting my findings here but there was always something else to do :)

All the data from version 196 is still on my phone after the update.

I tested sims and ground tests and the Blue Raven and the Android App worked as expected with version 200.

I especially liked the new Share.csv button which attached both the low_rate and the high_rate files to a single email -- much simpler for an end-user.

The graphs are looking great !

I planned to try an accelerometer calibration but maybe I'll wait for version 201 ...

Thanks for all that you do !

-- kjh

Adrian --

I've already installed version 200 on my Android + Blue Raven.

So if I am reading correctly, I should wait for the version 201 announcement before trying the Featherweight UI App ?

I installed version 200 last Thursday eve after I received an email notification from [email protected] -- everything 'just worked'.

I was planning on posting my findings here but there was always something else to do :)

All the data from version 196 is still on my phone after the update.

I tested sims and ground tests and the Blue Raven and the Android App worked as expected with version 200.

I especially liked the new Share.csv button which attached both the low_rate and the high_rate files to a single email -- much simpler for an end-user.

The graphs are looking great !

I planned to try an accelerometer calibration but maybe I'll wait for version 201 ...

Thanks for all that you do !

-- kjh

Glad you had a good upgrade experience.
If you download it from the store now it will be the same as the build 200 that you had already installed. There are just a few changes from 200 to 201. I haven't tested them out yet but I'll do that tomorrow.

Well, it’s still going to be probably months before we have the tracker interface added and working, so you’ll still need to use the iFIP app in the meantime.

I won't need the tracker until my planned 54mm min dia K1103 that I plan on flying at Oktoberfest in Jean. sims put it at 11k. My local field is limited to 4500' so you can pretty much see anything land there.

Back