Estes going to MAP = MSRP for all online sellers 4/1?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stopped by a local Hobby Lobby yesterday and saw that most stuff was not "marked down".

The Estes Mars Leapers were still marked down @ $3.75 from $14+.

That may have been by Estes requests too...

Tony

I wondered if HL was discontinuing carrying that thing....as I'd not seen them in the nearby stores in some months.

If it gets a reading, it's usually fairly good. BUT - don't put it in a compartment that you will pull even a little vacuum on opening up after the flight as that will mess up its reading. It NEVER locks in an apogee value, unlike all others currently on the market or slated to come back soon.

The Rocket Science motor set Tony posted about above is also dropped. But that still leaves a good selection of 1/2A through E motors in the most commonly used delays. The biggest omission, to my mind, is a booster motor below a C6-0, as the only two-stager in their current kit offering (Epic II, which is a twin to the Sterling Silver and is BT-20-based) will go a long way even C6-0 to A8-5 (they don't carry A8-5 either).

Happy days are here again. I'll still fly more Quest motors than before simply because AC's discount is better than I've ever found, but it's good to know Estes will still be inexpensive to fly. I do love a good black powder cluster.

Found at HL today.

Ooo. I have to go get one of those. Especially $14.99.
The new Estes MAP policy only pertains to advertised pricing. In store pricing, as in what's on the price tag, can be whatever.
So, can a retailer advertise that Estes rocket stuff is “on sale”? I guess I would need to read the contract between Estes and their vendors.

Just FYI, BRS Hobbies, and other on-line vendors I trust, will still get my business. Fear not.

Does this mean that Hobby Lobby cannot put Estes stuff on “clearance”?
MAP only pertains to advertised prices - so I’d guess retailers can’t put Estes items in a sale flyer but can still sell them for whatever price they wish - a “mandatory” retail price set by Estes would be price fixing, which is illegal.

MAP only pertains to advertised prices - so I’d guess retailers can’t put Estes items in a sale flyer but can still sell them for whatever price they wish - a “mandatory” retail price set by Estes would be price fixing, which is illegal.
AC Supply's website header says to call or email for best price. So it looks like the usual discounts continue...

Same here, not logged in, seeing the discounted price. Sweet.

hobbylinc stayed the course on displaying discounts... perhaps acsupply decided to buck the system as well.

Back