Estes Flip Flyer

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by Leo, Jun 4, 2015.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Mar 4, 2017 #31

RickGr4

RickGr4

RickGr4

Sorry, I do not remember what I did wrong. However I am guessing that I misaligned something and the glue dried faster than I expected so I could not make adjustments.

Recently, I have buying all of my Estes stuff from AC Supply. They offer 40% off (or more) on all Estes products and they have free shipping on orders over $100. Add to that they ship quickly and they have very responsive customer service. I see no reason not to give them my future business.

Locally, I buy from Hub Hobby in Richfield, MN. They have a great selection of Estes products in stock and they occasionally have some good deals. The Hobby Lobby closest to me does not have a good selection of Estes products.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. Feb 10, 2020 #32

TheRealZaphodb

TheRealZaphodb

TheRealZaphodb

We've got 3 of these. 2 we bought and one Estes sent us because of the repeated popping off of the pins that hold the blades to the fins. They're fun to fly, and you can pretty reliably get them to land Space-X style if you use a B6-2, which will eject before apogee. The only mod we do is to replace the plastic pins with small rivets that we got from Discount Rocketry. Those never break.
    Remember to hook up the rubber bands before putting on the nosecone!
    I've make an OpenRocket file that pretty accurately simulates the flight, but not the recovery. Attached.

Attached Files:

3. Feb 11, 2020 #33

n3tjm

n3tjm

n3tjm

Papa Elf

I flown mine two or three times, and it fails to flip. So I decided to combine the sections together but have not test flown it yet. It's nice to see other people have done this also, so in theory it should work :)

4. Feb 11, 2020 #34

BABAR

BABAR

BABAR

Builds Rockets for NASA TRF Lifetime Supporter TRF Supporter

It works