Estes C5-3 motors available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estes delays generally tend to run short, Aerotech's tend to run long. The Estes C5-3 runs ~3.3s or a bit more.
So Estes seconds are New York time, Aerotechs are...... well, I guess I can't say anything without offending someone ;)

So Estes seconds are New York time, Aerotechs are...... well, I guess I can't say anything without offending someone ;)

Aerotech seconds: Lake time, Cabin time, Island time, (Rio Grande) Valley time, etc.....

I have heard of the Aerotech bonus delays

Also reminds me of a friend that was in a foreign country and got on a bus with his host and asked "what time does the bus leave?"
To which the host replied "When it's full......otherwise you waste the gas"

So today I went out to the lakebed and launched a ton of rockets...zero wind. I launched three of the new C5-3 engines. The rockets were Mars Lander, 1/200 Scale Saturn V, and an RTF Star Wars Y Wing Fighter. All great flights. Great C5 boosts like the old days. I think the delays are a little long tho. Closer to 5 seconds on the Mars Lander and the other two seems like 4 second delays. All from the same pack. Anyone else have any experience with the new ones yet?
View attachment 420328
You almost stuck the landing!

So today I went out to the lakebed and launched a ton of rockets...zero wind. I launched three of the new C5-3 engines. The rockets were Mars Lander, 1/200 Scale Saturn V, and an RTF Star Wars Y Wing Fighter. All great flights. Great C5 boosts like the old days. I think the delays are a little long tho. Closer to 5 seconds on the Mars Lander and the other two seems like 4 second delays. All from the same pack. Anyone else have any experience with the new ones yet?
View attachment 420328
Lots of room to launch anything. Nice photo.

Latest posts

Back