Estes C5-3 motors available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Estes delays generally tend to run short, Aerotech's tend to run long. The Estes C5-3 runs ~3.3s or a bit more.
So Estes seconds are New York time, Aerotechs are...... well, I guess I can't say anything without offending someone ;)

So Estes seconds are New York time, Aerotechs are...... well, I guess I can't say anything without offending someone ;)

Aerotech seconds: Lake time, Cabin time, Island time, (Rio Grande) Valley time, etc.....

I have heard of the Aerotech bonus delays

Also reminds me of a friend that was in a foreign country and got on a bus with his host and asked "what time does the bus leave?"
To which the host replied "When it's full......otherwise you waste the gas"

So today I went out to the lakebed and launched a ton of rockets...zero wind. I launched three of the new C5-3 engines. The rockets were Mars Lander, 1/200 Scale Saturn V, and an RTF Star Wars Y Wing Fighter. All great flights. Great C5 boosts like the old days. I think the delays are a little long tho. Closer to 5 seconds on the Mars Lander and the other two seems like 4 second delays. All from the same pack. Anyone else have any experience with the new ones yet?
View attachment 420328
You almost stuck the landing!

So today I went out to the lakebed and launched a ton of rockets...zero wind. I launched three of the new C5-3 engines. The rockets were Mars Lander, 1/200 Scale Saturn V, and an RTF Star Wars Y Wing Fighter. All great flights. Great C5 boosts like the old days. I think the delays are a little long tho. Closer to 5 seconds on the Mars Lander and the other two seems like 4 second delays. All from the same pack. Anyone else have any experience with the new ones yet?
View attachment 420328
Lots of room to launch anything. Nice photo.

Back