• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found Estes 2" Tube Coupler (Part #030618)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creeps

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
In search of a tube coupler to repair a kink in the 2" [ID: 1.95 in. (4.95 cm)] lower tube on a Estes Ventris.
Sadly, the Estes shop lists the part as Sold Out.
If anyone happens to have an Estes part #030618 they are willing to part with, it would be greatly appreciated.
Please let me know, and we can work out a price, including shipping.

Or, if anyone knows of a suitable alternative available from somewhere outside the usual vendors. Please clue me in.
I've searched around for couplers in a 1.9ish inch diameter range, to no avail.

If you can't find what you need, you can always make one out of some scrap 2" tubing.

Make a single cut down the length of the scrap. put it inside the tube that it's supposed to go in, overlapping one edge of the cut on the other, make a mark where the overlap ends. After removing the soon to be coupler, cut a strip out of the overlap (I tend to make mine narrower than the mark, as I've never been able to cut it right on the mark without leaving a gap). Then hit the cut edges with some super thin CA glue to harden them, and sand the edge of the cut until the two edges meet, and you can smoothly insert and extract the coupler. Once you can do that, you then take the strip you cut, and glue it over the joint to reinforce it, and treat the coupler as you would any other (perhaps sanding the edges of the strip to ensure it doesn't catch the parachute or shock cord).

A quick check of OR shows that at one time Quest had a 50mm tube that *MIGHT* fit. Don't know about availability.

A quick check of OR shows that at one time Quest had a 50mm tube that *MIGHT* fit. Don't know about availability.
Quest 50mm tubing is available again. It's nominally 1.97" OD vs. the 1.93" ID of Estes 2" body tube. Unfortunately it's nominally 1.921" ID, so if it were sanded to fit, it would be whisker thin.

An easier hack would be to wrap Aerotech 1.9" tubing (1.88" OD) in thin paper to bring it up to an OD that would work. Or else as you say to take a slice out of any tube of 1.93" OD or greater, the closer to that size the better.

If replacing an entire tube, C204 coupler stock from BMS is nearly the same size ID and OD as Estes 2" tubing. Being coupler stock it might require more filling and surface prep.

Wouldn't Ya' know it. Two weeks after I make an order through the Estes online shop, they announce they're reissuing the 'Ventris' during their "Bring Back : Special Edition".
And what do Ya' know, the coupler is now back in stock. Now I just have to decide if I want to spring for another set of shipping charges. Or should I buy a bunch of stuff to add to the ever-increasing build pile?

Thanks for the feedback on coupler options.

Last edited:
Back