• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Estes' New Nylon 15" Parachute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mh9162013

Reaction score
Estes just released its Pro Series II Parts Assortment. Two of its more notable components are its 15" and 18" nylon parachutes. I'm interested in the 15" nylon parachute and if you have this PS II Parts Assortment, I would like to buy the 15 inch parachute from you. But there are a few nuances to my request.

If you have one you're willing to sell on its own, please let me know and we can work out a price. One of the conditions of this purchase is that the parachute must be in mint condition and as close to sealed/untouched/NIP as possible. I believe it comes in a plastic bag, but I'm not sure if it comes in its own plastic bag or it's in a plastic bag with other components. If the former applies, I am only interested in the 15 inch nylon parachute if it's still sealed in the original plastic bag.

If it doesn't have it's own bag, please keep it as close to original condition as possible when shipping it. Maybe putting it in a brand new quart Ziploc bag before putting it in the padded shipping envelope will work.

This is a bit of an odd request, given the "collector's precautions" I have, but I hope there are some of those out there that are buying this parts assortment for MPR and HPR builds and therefore, don't need such a small parachute.

Thanks for looking.

Have you considered reaching out to Estes to buy just the item you want, new from them?
I have not. I assumed that because they won't sell the BT-70 nose cone separately, they won't do so for other components. But that's an assumption and asking them directly is something I should do. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just as an FYI: Estes says they will not sell any of the exclusive components of the PS II Parts Assortment separately. In other words, if they're not already selling the component separately already, then they only place to buy it will be from the parts assortment.

Just as an FYI: Estes says they will not sell any of the exclusive components of the PS II Parts Assortment separately. In other words, if they're not already selling the component separately already, then they only place to buy it will be from the parts assortment.
Well, dang. Who knew this would be so hard to find?!

I'm thinking I may have one, can't guarantee it would be in unopened package (and if it were I'd have to open it to make sure it isn't an 18"). But if I do have one, it will be new. Will check and let you know.

Well, dang. Who knew this would be so hard to find?!

I'm thinking I may have one, can't guarantee it would be in unopened package (and if it were I'd have to open it to make sure it isn't an 18"). But if I do have one, it will be new. Will check and let you know.
You have the PS II Parts Assortment? My understanding is that Estes has never sold a 15" nylon parachute until now.

And thanks for looking!

No not personally but I have inherited a few odd assortments in various lots I’ve picked up over time. I may only have 18” and up but I will check.

Estes just released its Pro Series II Parts Assortment. Two of its more notable components are its 15" and 18" nylon parachutes. I'm interested in the 15" nylon parachute and if you have this PS II Parts Assortment, I would like to buy the 15 inch parachute from you. But there are a few nuances to my request.

If you have one you're willing to sell on its own, please let me know and we can work out a price. One of the conditions of this purchase is that the parachute must be in mint condition and as close to sealed/untouched/NIP as possible. I believe it comes in a plastic bag, but I'm not sure if it comes in its own plastic bag or it's in a plastic bag with other components. If the former applies, I am only interested in the 15 inch nylon parachute if it's still sealed in the original plastic bag.

If it doesn't have it's own bag, please keep it as close to original condition as possible when shipping it. Maybe putting it in a brand new quart Ziploc bag before putting it in the padded shipping envelope will work.

This is a bit of an odd request, given the "collector's precautions" I have, but I hope there are some of those out there that are buying this parts assortment for MPR and HPR builds and therefore, don't need such a small parachute.

Thanks for looking.
Just buy one from Top Flight Recovery. TFR has been asking great chutes for almost 30 years.

I have a lot of Top Flight chutes. Many colors and sizes. Decent quality and good price. Can get them direct from them, or eRockets.biz usually have a good selection.

I know Top Flight makes great 'chutes, and I may do that. But I prefer to have an Estes branded nylon parchute.

Estes and AC Supply both sell the 20 and 24 inch pro series parachutes when they have them in stock. The Doorknob does come with a 18 inch pro series parachute but I have not seen it available separately.

-Bob

Back