EMRR Announces Before and After Photo Contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket_James

Reaction score
Essence’s Model Rocketry Review (“EMRR”) has announced that its new Before and After Photo Contest has started. Remember the photo you took of that beautiful rocket just before it re-kitted itself. Did you save the “after” photo, too? If you did, you have a chance to win a prize by sharing with other rocketeers the thrill of that beautiful rocket and the agony of its destruction. Send your photos in to EMRR! The instructions are:

· Must be Rated "G"
· Include Before and After photos (see website for formats, etc)
· Provide brief write-up - a little history and the cause of the agony

Sponsored prizes include:
· Flying Saucer – Art Applewhite Rockets;
· SpaceCAD – SpaceCAD;
· Decaffeinator – FlisKits;
· RockSIM Design Software (V8) – Apogee Components;
· Quest Q E-Z Payloader – donated by an EMRR Guest.

EMRR Guests will judge entries during a week of voting starting October 27, 2008. Contestants must be on EMRR's eList to be eligible. Only one entry per Contestant, and HURRY! Entries must be received by 10/26/2008.

For more information, visit EMRR at https://www.rocketreviews.com/ and click on "Contests."

es-sence(es'uhns)- the basic, real, and invariable nature of a thing.

Question. Can I use a "Before" picture which is taken several months before the "After" picture? I don't like the "Before" picture that was taken 60 seconds before the "After" Picture lol.

Question. Can I use a "Before" picture which is taken several months before the "After" picture? I don't like the "Before" picture that was taken 60 seconds before the "After" Picture lol.

That will work! Good luck with your entry!!
James

Man, I thought you'd be less happy with the 'after'.:surprised:

man, when i think about all those "after" shoots that i could have taken if i had a camera with me. not to mention the ones i have taken and have deleted.

man, when i think about all those "after" shoots that i could have taken if i had a camera with me. not to mention the ones i have taken and have deleted.

My experiences are very similar. I started looking for entries and realized I very seldom take the "after" pictures, even when I have the camera. I think it's because I'm so bummed when that happens. :cry:
James

Aww man. I had a CATO of a Sputnik and I took pictures the scene afterward. But of course, I didn't take pics of it before the launch.

This cometition means that when i next launch i'll be hoping for a CATO or ejection failure - i could get a rocket that is about to retire and "forget" the parachute - cut through the shock cord - use a B6-6 instead of a B6-2 - launch in a 50 mph gale - glue the nose cone on- etc

I suppose next time I have a rocket "re-kit itself" I have to remember to take a photo.

Not throw the camera on the ground while I'm stomping around swearing.....

Oh man,
I totally gotta jet John Boman to submit the pic of his sumo buried halfway up to the fins and on fire...one of the funniest rocket pics I ever saw.

Mine is in...Least I THINK it is...E-mail crashed and I had to go to another client..Will have to dig thru and see if I have the confirmation of submission e-mail....

Back