embroidered shirts

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAR86238

Reaction score
prior to TRF crash...

There were some posts about a fella that was selling nicely embroidered shirts with various rocket themes such as Merc. Redstone, Sat V, etc...

anybody have recollection of this vendor?

thx dewds

I can't remember the company name, but I bought a few of those a few years ago.

I don't think they're doing rocket shirts anymore. last time I knew, they were just doing religious themed ones.

Bob

I'd have to go back and see what I can find. I have a couple of the shirts, which were nice. The difficulty was that he has a full-time job and with that his side business was unpredictable. I know the last shirt I got from him, a TRF one no less, took nearly five months to get.

You might be better off finding someone more local.

Isn't that Tom Priest? Also, I think you are right in that he has moved away from rocketry but I believe he still does shirts and, while I never got to see his work up close, I had heard nothing but good things about his work and himself as well.

fwiw
jim

Tom's rocket company (he also made mylar chutes) was called Rockethead Rockets. He was always great to deal with.

I bought 3 of the embroidered shirts. They were beautifully done and have held up extremely well. I get tons of great comments on the shirts when I wear them, especially the Sputnik one. I wish Tom was still making them.

Note: I'm doing a bit of internet sleuthing to see if I can track Tom down. If so, I'll post a note here.

Tom's rocket company (he also made mylar chutes) was called Rockethead Rockets. He was always great to deal with.

I bought 3 of the embroidered shirts. They were beautifully done and have held up extremely well. I get tons of great comments on the shirts when I wear them, especially the Sputnik one. I wish Tom was still making them.

Note: I'm doing a bit of internet sleuthing to see if I can track Tom down. If so, I'll post a note here.

Yes I think he still does shirts, but tracking him down might be fun ;). And I will also state for the record the work was first rate.

Hello Everyone

Ie I have checked in here. I just thought I would the other day and see what is going on. There has been allot here I have started a new job that gives me more time to work on things. I have started doing spraypaint art and have been doing live shows over the last year. If you do not know what this is it is art that is done with just spray paint right off the shelf, Paper, pallet knives and other household items. We use no brushes, special tips or air brushing. Each paint take 10 to 15 min to do and are done live at shows. You can see my art and some videos at www.spraypaintcreations.net

As for the shirts I still do heat press shirts but no longer do the embroidery. I sold my machine to get into the spray paint art the way I wanted to. I can custom shirts for any event or just a picture of you and your rocket. I can make my own transfers so the sky is the limit. I do have a smaller embroidery machine that I might be able to do the shirts on I will have to give it a try.

Tom

Back